Results of 2013 Mint

swieetpea33

RDC Crypto
Please keep us updated of the results as they are posted

coffeelady

RDC Crypto
Is this the only thread following the Mint? I can't get comments to load on the live coverage page, and there is virtually nothing here. I'm confused.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Seems to be quite a challenge to find out anything resembling race results and updates. But I didnt have any trouble finding info about the parade the other day.

fan#1jms

RDC Crypto
The coverage of the Mint sucks completely. No live radio, no gps tracking, no comments (well 8 in 8 hours, they decide what goes on), the announcer keeps saying the same damn phrases (take the rest the day off), the "live" video is at least an hour behind the actual events, the camera man is an amateur (ever hear of a tripod)? I am trying to follow the 7200's, but no coverage of the start, first check they gave up updating before the 7200's got there, NO coverage whatsoever of them. Where are all the jerks that cried the whole way thru the Baja 250? That coverage was a 1000 times better!!!!!

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
I think the earth opened up and swallowed all the internet and cell towers. Any update on the 2000's and 8000's and 8100's.

Lance

johnboy

RDC Crypto
The coverage of the Mint sucks completely. No live radio, no gps tracking, no comments (well 8 in 8 hours, they decide what goes on), the announcer keeps saying the same damn phrases (take the rest the day off), the "live" video is at least an hour behind the actual events, the camera man is an amateur (ever hear of a tripod)? I am trying to follow the 7200's, but no coverage of the start, first check they gave up updating before the 7200's got there, NO coverage whatsoever of them. Where are all the jerks that cried the whole way thru the Baja 250? That coverage was a 1000 times better!!!!!

You could easily think this race was in South America or Australia with the "live coverage" updates given here. Funny that they are just a couple hours up the road. Technology is amazing is it not?

zjohnson

RDC Crypto
You could easily think this race was in South America or Australia with the "live coverage" updates given here. Funny that they are just a couple hours up the road. Technology is amazing is it not?

I was thinking about the technology. What ever happened to the true live coverage? How hard is it to take video and upload with a satellite uplink? Seems like we get better coverage of dakar and mexico races. Funny to think that you can see vegas from the start finish line. What ever happened to the live coverage like baja races, I remember watching a race on tv and they were interviewing Ivan stewart over the radio in the middle of the race with video coverage from the helicopter.

Just a rant cuz I can't find an update on a racecar . . .

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
I know two people down spectating and have can'not contact them. Must be a dead zone for cell service.

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
I just reviewed my previous post. What a whiney **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!** I sound like. 'gimme, gimme' Getting used to instant gratification back fires sometimes.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Im not going to go in to a rant about coverage, etc because this conversation happens during every major desert race and any time someone expresses discontent others come along and say stop complaining, be happy you have anything at all, etc. Which is a complete cop out in my opinion.

It's not complaining for the sake of complaining. There are logsitical challenges to overcome to provide accurate, quality video feeds, tracking, etc. Everyone understand thats. It costs a lot of money to pull that off. Again, understood. But there is a void here.

Rather than complain about what we don't have, I'd just like to say that for the business saavy people out there, finding consumers with unmet demands seems like a great opportunity to exploit. For at least two years and probably longer, every single desert race has spawned some kind of discussion from a wide variety of people about the woeful lack of real time or even close to real time (does anyone know who won the morning classes that finished 3 hours ago?) coverage.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about how to elevate the sport and much of it has involved conversations about classes, vehicle rules, etc. In my humble opinion, the single most glarring weakness in this sport right now is race day coverage. You have literally thousands of people searching for updates. The demand exists, hopefully someone somewhere can finally recognize the opportunity and provide the supply.

bRRaup

RDC Crypto
the coverage of the mint sucks completely. No live radio, no gps tracking, no comments (well 8 in 8 hours, they decide what goes on), the announcer keeps saying the same damn phrases (take the rest the day off), the "live" video is at least an hour behind the actual events, the camera man is an amateur (ever hear of a tripod)? I am trying to follow the 7200's, but no coverage of the start, first check they gave up updating before the 7200's got there, no coverage whatsoever of them. Where are all the jerks that cried the whole way thru the baja 250? That coverage was a 1000 times better!!!!!

go on racetheworld.net to track live

AZracefan

RDC Crypto
i think the earth opened up and swallowed all the internet and cell towers. Any update on the 2000's and 8000's and 8100's.

Lance

race2 lap 2 menzies jones weyhrich9. Jones seconds behind 70. Letner leading 1500. 6 was 4th thru end lap2. 76 possible race leaer on time