revalving rear elka

desertquad450

whats up guys!
i have a rear elka elite long travel shock with the dual link for an 06 trx450r. This shock is just too stiff!! I want to get it revalved for desert and Im looking for any help on where to get it revalved? I called precision and they charge $220 for the revalve plus 110 to convert my dual rate spring to a single rate spring(supposably Wayne Matlock ran this set up on his 450r) Is $330 too much for a revalve? Any other other places just as good? Thanks

wayne matlock

whats up guys!
i have a rear elka elite long travel shock with the dual link for an 06 trx450r. This shock is just too stiff!! I want to get it revalved for desert and Im looking for any help on where to get it revalved? I called precision and they charge $220 for the revalve plus 110 to convert my dual rate spring to a single rate spring(supposably Wayne Matlock ran this set up on his 450r) Is $330 too much for a revalve? Any other other places just as good? Thanks
That is the setup that I run on my 450 TRX. I’m not just saying this because I have to, but precision concepts is the best out there when it comes to shock setups. We have spent days and weeks at a time testing different setups, they know what there doing. If you go with them you will be happy.

trentk

I have never heard a bad thing about precision so I bet it is worth it.

I run GT Thunder revalves on my practice honda and I used to race on a revalved stock rear from them and I was happy with it.

Good luck.

StrunkBro

Wayne is right take it to precision they did my shock and I have never had a problem. They have that shock really figured out.

HosRacn

I bought one of Wayne's 700xx, it came with brand Elkas on the back. Elka valves their shocks to stiff, I had Mark at Precision revalve them (same as Wayne's) I only have one ride on them but they felt alot better not stiff and didn't kick me off like the other set up!!

Go Precision all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vtr_Racing

whats up guys!
Two ways to go with this. You could send them to Elka and they will re-do them for you. Or, you could send them to Precision Concepts. The 450r I race with Eric has the rear Elka revalved and single spring. It works very well. The other 07 450r I race on as well has the shocks done by Elka and is just about spot on in the desert. The difference is an 04/05 with original Elka link to an 07 with a new Elka link. Which one is better? Its hard to say as they both work awesome. If your in Calif. I would use Precision since they are so close to you

desertquad450

Wow thanks for the help guys! I finally decided to send it to precision concepts some time this week.
I plan on loosing weight, I'm currently at 204 and I would like to be at 185-190. Should I wait on sending the shock untill I loose weight or should I send it in and get it done for 190?
Thanks!!