Review your MINT 400 Race

J Prich

Reaction
I hope that most of you had the opportunity to check out the live leader board we introduced this race, it's a cool way to compare and see info like who went from rm25 to rm50 the faster, or rm50 to rm75 etc.

Enjoy.

RacingTraX | Unofficial Leaderboard

Where is the "start" calculated from? Since the times are slightly different even for vehicles that started side by side, I assume there was a pick up point off the start? Just curious how that works.

72class5

Reaction
Loved the tracking. Seemed to be pretty consistent with the updates. One minor thing...didn't seem to show the correct laps...when we were on lap 2 it stilled showed us on lap 1.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Where is the "start" calculated from? Since the times are slightly different even for vehicles that started side by side, I assume there was a pick up point off the start? Just curious how that works.
We set a virtual check point 350 ft off of the start line. So technically everyone will hit our start point at different times but probably not a 3 or 4 second difference at most (this is why our leader board is unofficial) but from that point to Rm25 it's accurate as far as seeing how long it took one car to go 25 miles compared to how long it took another.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Loved the tracking. Seemed to be pretty consistent with the updates. One minor thing...didn't seem to show the correct laps...when we were on lap 2 it stilled showed us on lap 1.
We saw that on the first race and fixed it for the second. Still working out little bugs here and there.

J Prich

Reaction
We set a virtual check point 350 ft off of the start line. So technically everyone will hit our start point at different times but probably not a 3 or 4 second difference at most (this is why our leader board is unofficial) but from that point to Rm25 it's accurate as far as seeing how long it took one car to go 25 miles compared to how long it took another.
Got it, thanks.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
corrected time was very nice. Why is it so hard to find official results? Been looking everywere..

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Tracking was great and so was the live leader board. From someone who was at the race I couldn't have asked for anything more. Could consistently track the car and see how they were stacking up at the same time. If the system works as it did at the Mint on a consistent basis I'd be super happy. From a driver perspective, I haven't had to use the system wifi and text yet but like the idea and hope to never have to use it.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

goRGgo

Reaction
You guys at Racingtrax killed it! Once I realized the leaderboard was up and running I stopped my manual calculations. I'll still have to do it when no cell/internet available though.....such as Baja or being in a remote pit. Keep it up!

ssappington

Reaction
official results will not be posted until the track clean up is done, as there is a 1 hour penalty for leaving a tire in the desert so we have to wait as they have 115 miles to comb

Mr.Mindless

Reaction
Tracking was the best I've ever seen - it was absolutely invaluable working in a remote pit B, not *quite* able to hit our cars on the top loop of the course over the hills from a little mag-mount on the 50w in my rental pit truck.

Correct lap counts was the only complaint I had. The satellite uplink let one of our cars know that he was out of commision but safe via text relay too, in an area without service, and that's really invaluable in a race like this.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Results were off compared to leader board. Any idea what the range of accuracy will be? I am seeing 20 minute difference from unofficial to the leader board. also 1562 stopped scoring but BITD has them finished 3 laps. if you can get it down to plus +or - a min would be nice. Something they can use in the pits and send info back.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Results were off compared to leader board. Any idea what the range of accuracy will be? I am seeing 20 minute difference from unofficial to the leader board. also 1562 stopped scoring but BITD has them finished 3 laps. if you can get it down to plus +or - a min would be nice. Something they can use in the pits and send info back.
Just something to keep in mind, our leader board does not populate in time penalties that BITD might be including.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Just something to keep in mind, our leader board does not populate in time penalties that BITD might be including.

At the bottom of the results page is time penalties. Unless there is more. Looking at class 1500 most of the times are about 10 to 15min off. Any idea why

RacingtraxGeek

Reaction

Which team had a 20 minute difference? I have between 7:48 and 9:24.

The reason for that large a discrepancy is that my finish point didn't account for the final pass through the infield. Our finish corrected time order (1st, 2nd, 3rd) matched the actual corrected time order (other than 1562). I'll look into that one.