• Forum membership has its advantages....

Revised 2014 VORRA Season Announced!

jcarius

VORRA Revised 2014 Race Schedule Announced

The new management team of Valley Off Road Racinghas announced a revised race schedule for 2014. Included are 3 short-course races at tracks near Sacramento, CA and 2 desert races in Northern Nevada.

The new schedule is missing one of VORRA's traditions – the Memorial Day Yerington Race. “It is unfortunate that we were not able to work with involved parties to reach an agreement that would have allowed this race to go forward this year. I know there will be a lot of disappointed racers, and we will begin negotiations to regain this race in the future”, said VORRA's Jim Carius.

The race calendar for the short-course segment of the series opens May 3-4 at Prairie City OHV Park, Folsom, CA. After the desert series VORRA will be back at the short course at Prairie City OHV Park September 27-28 and VORRA closes its season on October 25-26 with it's annual Halloween race & party. VORRA short-course races feature multiple motos in every class with each moto ranging from five to eight laps.

VORRA’s desert slate includes 2 different courses. The desert series opens with a 225 mile night race in Hawthorne, NV on July 12-13 and the second desert race will be a 250 mile race held in Fallon, NV at the Top Gun Raceway on Labor Day weekend August 30-31st.

All 5 races in the series count toward the VORRA overall season championship. Events offer racers the option of competing in multiple classes for Cars, Trucks, Pilots, and UTVs.

Defending series champions are Steve Laroza (Group T), Dave Schneider (Ultra 4),Wes Harbor (Class 10), Dennis Jean (UTV), Aaron Osborne (Class1), Kurt Schnell (Class 9), Jerry Ornellas (Class 11), Max Baggett (Sportsman), Joel Counts (Pilots), David Capell (Zukiworld) and Matt Myres (Full Metal)

Revised VORRA 2014 Race Schedule

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}May 3-4
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{td}Prairie City OHV Park, Folsom, CA
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}July 12-13
{/td}

{td}Desert Race
Night Vision 225
{/td}

{td}Hawthorne, NV
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}August 30-31
{/td}

{td}Desert Race
Top Gun 250
{/td}

{td}Fallon, NV
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}September 27-28
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}October 25-26
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Good news! Chunk Racing will try to fit the VORRA races into our schedule. I'll probably make the short course races with my Pilot.

Dirty Harry

Top Gun raceway? So this is a different course than has traditionally been ran out in Fallon?

I am excited about racing in Hawthorne, they have some beautiful terrain around there! Thank you Jim and everyone else who worked so hard to make this a reality.

Great to hear this. Yerington is one of my favorites. I raced the Memorial Day Yerington 400 from around 1984 til about 1993, when it usually crossed the highway and went out across the lake bed. Actually, it was where I first met the Weatherman, out at the far end of the lake bed. It was my part of the race to chase. His radio wouldn't reach main pits, and he asked if mine would. I said yes, and that it was an RLH radio. He said he didn't care, with a few choice words, as long as it worked.
My son, Phoenix0783 above, and I are building a 7200 Ranger. Glad VORRA will still around, and I hope you can get Yerington back.
And I've always wondered why they quit crossing the highway, and went back to just ~300 miles.

y2kbaja

Top Gun = That is the plan. Hopefully running the Weeks side to Hooton Wells. That is a great course that hasn't been races in years. Top Gun is a good facility to have a main pit at also. And in case you're wondering the VtoR course is the ACCESS road. We know where the good race courses are out there!

Yerington stopped crossing the highway because the north crossing is now private property. Plus getting permits to cross the highway wasn't worth it anymore. Hopefully something will work out for 2015.