Revolver Shackles

dcman008

Reaction
i have some questions about Revolver Shackles . i was looking at the TeraFlex Revolver Shackles, i was wondering if they they are a good idea to put on my toyota. right now i have stock leaf springs and shackles. and if their is any special fabbing i would have to do to put them in.

live long 91 corica

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
good for crawling but not for speed or cornering. I beleive they are bolt on. (see droop articulation thread)

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

Ryno

Reaction
They are a bolt on shackle, mainly used for rock crawling and articulation. For travel and cornering, they are useless. I have a friend that has them on his 87 K5, he loves for Rubicon. BTW....he has the custom sheetmetal to prove it! =)

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Jack

Reaction
As has been recently discovered they are no good for rock crawling ether.

Jack

Reaction
No personal exp. on it, but what I've read is that when trying to do steep climbs, they tend to open up and let the axle try to drive foward under the truck with out the truck going foward causeing the spring to unload that start hopping this will prevent you from contiuing and probably do drive line damage. I see them on trucks that just want high RTI scores, but nobody that does extream rock crawling uses them.

Marshall

Reaction
I could see that being a problem on the front, but wouldnt the rear load or compress the shackle? I could be wrong. I have seen them on a few rigs on the trail and the guys were raving about them but I have always wondered?