RFS Motorsports Primm post race report

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Our game plan for this race was to run conservative and go for the win. I do not know if the two words work good in my vocabulary but I try. We were told that we only had two others in class and nobody really to give us a push. The night before the race our buddy Marc Burnett showed up and registered. Now we were excited because Marc always runs a fast race. We changed up our plan now to run at 80% through the course and adjust as needed.

Started off the line at 6:30 am in the number one position in our class. There was zero wind which made for very little visibility once you hit mile 3. From mile 3 to about mile 20 it was extremely hard to see. Regardless of the visibility, I seemed to get in my grove pretty quick. Normally, it takes about 25 minutes to work out my bugs but I was in a great grove by about mile 10. I started picking away at the slower traffic in front of me through the dust. By the time I had made it to pit 1 we were running really quick. So much with the 80% plan. We went through there at 102 mph. We kept picking up our pace until we were running about 90%. Normally I would not do this but I was in sync with the truck.

I have never ran this course before so everything was new to me. There was very little dangers marked on the PCI course map and Bryant was pretty familiar with the course itself so I was pretty comfortable with myself. We came through pit 2 hauling the mail at 107 mph and I was hoping we could get it going faster. The truck was just working perfectly and the Fox Shocks were dialed in! I didn't know about the road crossing at the end and boy did I think I was going to crap my pants when I saw it. Luckily, I was able to load up the truck and we hit it at about 90 mph. The truck still stood up a little bit but it handled it really well. That was our only oh **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** that we experienced all day. We ended up running the rest of lap one at a blistering pace. We went into the pit and splashed and then took off for lap two.

At this point we had about a 12 minute lead on the competition. Our closest truck was Marc and the 603 truck was not far behind him. We decided to keep up the same pace and went around the second lap moving our average time on course to 52.7 mph. We were really moving then. I saw that Bryant was a little on edge so I reached over and grabbed his leg and made a joke. He has now ridden with me twice and he still has not gotten use to how I drive the truck. He says he cannot get use to me putting it up on 2 or three wheels around some of the turns. I say, ibeams buddy. Cannot wait to take delivery of the new Brenthel TT tomorrow! End of the second lap we were told that we had an 18 minute lead with corrected time showing number 603 possibly being in the lead because of speeding penalties on us. It is just so hard to go 30 mph and not go over on the damn gps! I made the decision then to stay in the car all three laps and not do the driver change. I felt that we would lose a couple more minutes and we could not afford to give up more time.

Next lap we started and we got to about mile 4 and we noticed that the voltage was dropping. We double checked it against the gps and they both said the same thing. We knew we had lost our alternator. We called the main pit and asked them where the put the spare alternator in the car. Worst thing that you can hear is "it is sitting in the Danzio pit" and not in the car. We proceeded to shut anything down we could to draw less amps. We ended up making it to mile 15 and the volts had dropped down to 7. Then the motec ended up shutting down and we were officially out of the race. We then found out that we had a 46 minute lead on the 2nd place truck 603. I met them at the sign ups and they were some great guys. I do not know what happen to them but I heard they did not finish either. Bummer guys, I was hoping you would pull of the win when you came by us on that final lap.

Being out of the race was a bummer since we ran such a great race. At times you wish you could say it was a driver error or something broke because we were running it too hard. It was a brand new $400 alternator and the spare should of been in the truck. If we could of just made it to the pit we would of been able to push on. I guess that is why they call it racing! Looking forward to being there again at the SNORE South Point 250!

I wanted to thank all the sponsors that helped us race this great race. General Tire: not a flat now in five races! 4130: thanks Evan for coming out there and supporting us. BTR: once again not a a problem. Great wheels Jeff! Prp Seats:: Always great product to support racers. Rigid Lights:: lighting up the offroad industry. Rockstar: Always a rock star with Rockstar! SLIME: Never let a prick ruin your day!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
I told you about the spare thing!!!!!!! I guess I should have been there!!!!! See you at the 1000 or sooner,I'd love to kick the tires on the new Brenthel truck!!!!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
I told you about the spare thing!!!!!!! I guess I should have been there!!!!! See you at the 1000 or sooner,I'd love to kick the tires on the new Brenthel truck!!!!!!

We have a spare, someone (you know who) forgot to get it and put it on the truck. Ouch!!!! I was not too happy!:confused:

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
We have a spare, someone (you know who) forgot to get it and put it on the truck. Ouch!!!! I was not too happy!:confused:

It wasn't me I swear!!!!I would of ratchet strapped that B-otch in there if I had to!!!

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Nice write up. And nice meeting you too.

You guys were really on it the whole time. Truck looked great. It sucks when something like that happens.

Heidi would of gave you a better race, but with the truck only running on 4 cylinders it's kind of tough to keep up. SCORE didn't let them finish, but they never quit.

See at the SNORE Race. Too bad you can't wear that 80's costume in the car that would be classic.:D

getpipe.com

Reaction
Robert

Great meeting you! After you waived at us we went about 10 miles and ran out of gas...we walked about a mile and got 2-1/2 gallons and made it to our support guys..they topped us off and we finished...we were told we were first...i have not seen any results or times yet? one major mistake...no irc tracker in our truck...I forgot about it....I dont even know how we went thru tech without having it?

I think we were running way to rich..and we underestimated our fuel usage...will not happen again! we were getting like 4 miles to the gallon...for us it was a fun prerun...we will be entering in the 1k and are very excited about it....Roger Norman co drove with us for the first two laps...he is a great guy and it was my pleasure to cruise him around the course..

Gregg

Last edited:

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Nice write up. And nice meeting you too.

You guys were really on it the whole time. Truck looked great. It sucks when something like that happens.

Heidi would of gave you a better race, but with the truck only running on 4 cylinders it's kind of tough to keep up. SCORE didn't let them finish, but they never quit.

See at the SNORE Race. Too bad you can't wear that 80's costume in the car that would be classic.:D

Trey, it was nice meeting you too. Please post up a pic of me if you have it. I want to see how ugly I really looked. I know Heidi runs the truck but she doesn't push it. Obviously smart because look who the leader is.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Robert

Great meeting you! After you waived at us we went about 10 miles and ran out of gas...we walked about a mile and got 2-1/2 gallons and made it to our support guys..they topped us off and we finished...we were told we were first...i have not seen any results or times yet? one major mistake...no irc tracker in our truck...I forgot about it....I dont even know how we went thru tech without having it?

I think we were running way to rich..and we underestimated our fuel usage...will not happen again! we were getting like 4 miles to the gallon...for us it was a fun prerun...we will be entering in the 1k and are very excited about it....Roger Norman co drove with us for the first two laps...he is a great guy and it was my pleasure to cruise him around the course..

Gregg

Right now it shows the official results after checking the tracker and it shows nobody finishing the race in class 6. I am all too familiar with that nasty 170 minute penalty I received from Score for our tracker not working at the 500. You guys ran great yesterday and I was hoping to see you making. Who knows, you might of had enough time to get the win still but that penalty is a rough one. Great meeting you and hope to see you again. Are you coming out to the Snore race on the 3rd at Primm?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Trey, it was nice meeting you too. Please post up a pic of me if you have it. I want to see how ugly I really looked. I know Heidi runs the truck but she doesn't push it. Obviously smart because look who the leader is.

My pleasure ;)

The truck was on it's maiden race. It was more of a feel out session to see what it could do. The weak link was the motor or as you had, the lack of someone doing their job. Don't think that person will be used anymore.

The whole team is full of smart people that know how to finish and know what the truck can do. And your right, Heidi is no dummy when it comes to driving.

You guys are going to be the team to battle with. Looking forward to next season when we all have it worked out.

getpipe.com

Reaction
Right now it shows the official results after checking the tracker and it shows nobody finishing the race in class 6. I am all too familiar with that nasty 170 minute penalty I received from Score for our tracker not working at the 500. You guys ran great yesterday and I was hoping to see you making. Who knows, you might of had enough time to get the win still but that penalty is a rough one. Great meeting you and hope to see you again. Are you coming out to the Snore race on the 3rd at Primm?

Thanks....I am not sure if I am going to run the Snore race...I will be codriving with a friend in a few weeks for the BITD race..well see...I have some work to do with this truck and I may just work on it and race the 1K...I will be at the race spectating..so if your running I will be pulling for you! good luck...see at the next one...

mawtrophykart

Reaction
That sucks! I wanted to see you guys WIN again. Good luck at your next race.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
That sucks! I wanted to see you guys WIN again. Good luck at your next race.

This one hurt a little. I hate when it is out of your hands because someone did not do their job. We will get over it and move on and concentrate on the next race on the same course. Cannot wait!

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction
valiant effort Robert...sorry to hear about the dnf.....let me know when the TT is in hand so we can go over the lighting setup and get some testing in...

Nice costume, Ace Freeley called-he needs that back soon....

talk soon.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
valiant effort Robert...sorry to hear about the dnf.....let me know when the TT is in hand so we can go over the lighting setup and get some testing in...

Nice costume, Ace Freeley called-he needs that back soon....

talk soon.

TT is in our shop. We are starting to set it up today. We are going to make the decision today if we are going to commit to racing it at the next race. If we commit and do not make the deadline we will miss the race. Hard decision.

baja619

Reaction
Robert, it was a pleasure to meet up with you and your crew. We were all pretty bummed after hearing the news about the alternator failing. Was looking forward to help you guys take the finish.

Micah.

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction
TT is in our shop. We are starting to set it up today. We are going to make the decision today if we are going to commit to racing it at the next race. If we commit and do not make the deadline we will miss the race. Hard decision.

well get after it then.....let me know.

DEZDAD1

Reaction
Robert GET BACK TO WORK...........................