RG and Twitter

tkr

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tappsgarage.com
Anyone know if RG will be sending updates from the Dakar through Twitter like they did at the 1000?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
RDC Crypto
I thought that was the point at the 1000 was to get to the kinks worked out of it prior to Dakar. I could be wrong though

tkr

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tappsgarage.com
Thanks for the info. I thought that was the plan, just didn't know if it all worked out. Can't wait for it to start!!

Combo

RDC Crypto
Who is televising the race? Outdoor?Versus?Speed?

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
RDC Crypto
Website
www.bitd.com
I got a Twitter IM last Thurs saying Robby was meeting with the crew chiefs - surprised me - I forgot i was still subscribed LOL... too cool... :D

raceygirl22

RDC Crypto
Toyo Embeds Staff Member in Dakar 2008

by Jay Jones, Team Toyo Racing

CYPRESS, Calif. -- Team Toyo’s very own Ramses Perez has been accredited to be a part of the official press corps traveling with the upcoming Dakar endurance rally. He will follow the grueling race in its entirety, both journeying on special aircraft which land at remote encampments, and sharing seat time in a Team Dakar USA chase vehicle in order to post daily blogs and photos, with videos and a “Twitter” IM feed provided by Team Dakar USA, all accessed through the “Dakar Rally” link on www.toyo.com.

Perez, who serves as project manager of events for Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation, works closely throughout the year with Team Toyo Off-Road race teams, travelling both to short course events as well as the Baja 1000. Even before the official start of Dakar 2008, which runs from January 5-20, Perez will share his exploits leading up to the event on his blog “Ramses’ Road to Dakar” which launches December 19. His account is that of a “first-timer”, sharing experiences such as pre-race logistics, travel and rigors of the technical inspection process in Lisbon, Portugal. Perez will experience extremes when travelling from his California home to the picturesque city of Lisbon. He will soon be thrust into another world, rugged and devoid of the amenities experienced by westerners such as running water, comfortable sleeping accommodations and an unlimited supply of hair gel. The experience of meeting other cultures and sampling their food will provide another dimension to this full experience that he will share with his readers.

Perez will cover both the highs and the lows of Team Dakar USA, which will have two Hummer H3 race trucks driven by American drivers, Robby Gordon and Ronn Bailey, both competing on 37x13.50R17 Toyo Open Country M/T-R race tires. During Dakar 2007, Gordon and Team Dakar USA was the first all-U.S. team to win a stage of Dakar while finishing first in their class and eighth overall.

“This is a great opportunity for off-road fans to live vicariously though Ramses as he is embedded with Robby Gordon and Team Dakar USA during the Dakar,” said Steve Hutchinson, senior director of marketing, Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation. “Toyo is excited to dedicate a portion of toyo.com to the blog, exciting videos from the race, photos and more. We also want to thank Robby and his team for all of their support and resources.”

To join the Dakar experience, log on to toyo.com and follow the “Dakar Rally” link to “Ramses’ Road to Dakar”. Toyo manufactures and distributes a complete line of replacement tires for high performance cars, luxury vehicles, light trucks and SUVs as well as tires for commercial trucks, buses and off-road and construction applications.

We will have more information from a first timer with Twitter and a blog

raceygirl22

RDC Crypto
The only way I know to do it so that you can register for Robby updates is through the Baja page. All of the recent updates are there as well. Just click the link and then register for the Twitter service. I will say this; if you are trying to keep your phone bill to a reasonable amount beware. They twitter A LOT when they are going in full swing which is great for updates but hard if you are on a per message rate. I just log in and check periodically to see what is going on.

http://robbygordon.com/2007BAJA1000/INDEX.HTM

I think this year will be even better than last with all of the possibilities to hear first hand what is going on.

Gas On!