RG cheatin again????

nimrod

KOOK!
Seriously?????

He gets a third in neckcar when half the field pits but he stays out AND THEN due to his surprisingly good finish he gets sent to tech inspection.........His crew chief gets fined and suspended for cheating........

This happens on the tail coats of using "creative lines" at the 250........

What can we expect at the 500........Any guesses???????

troyharper

DA Meatball
check 2 to valle T, thru town to check 3
skip the beach section by using the hwy to rm 357
then thru ck.4 to finish line for an uncontested OA!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Funny, I tought it was "Fishood"'s line :D. Anyways, who doesn't cheat in NASCAR? Robby's guys just don't know how to hide it as well as the rest of the rednecks!

mattb

Lame post. Every team cheats in Nascar and I'm pretty sure everyone's wandered from the course. Let it go.

michael_loomis

Seriously?????

He gets a third in neckcar when half the field pits but he stays out AND THEN due to his surprisingly good finish he gets sent to tech inspection.........His crew chief gets fined and suspended for cheating........

This happens on the tail coats of using "creative lines" at the 250........

What can we expect at the 500........Any guesses???????
Actually, the top 3 cars got pulled for inspection. Nothing new there... just like the creative use of the rear end..

If you wanna see video of some cheaters in action, check out the vid at the end of the Lemons's update thread over in the Pavement section. :D

richard cretsinger

why? was his engine a "C" hair over the limit? Robby cant catch a break in no right turns for anything, being at the back of the pack always makes him a prime target for when the field decides to destroy itself anyways. maybe he should just give up, save all that money for something else, wish he would come on here and defend himself sometimes, but maybe hes above all that. bunch of bull and who cares, its not like hes ever going to be in the chase.

Jerry B

Ha Ha
He got nailed on 3 things. To bad SAL can not do a little sweeping under the rug in neckcar

NASCAR has issued penalties to the No. 7 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rules violations committed at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Monday.
Robby.Gordon.100.jpg
Gordon

The No. 7 car, driven and owned by Robby Gordon, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4I (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-10.6H (rear axle housing exceeded the maximum specified toe of plus or minus one degree) of the 2009 Sprint Cup Series rule book. The violation was found during post-race inspection on May 25.

Specifically, the rear axle housing exceeded the allowable toe of plus or minus one degree. In layman's terms, the axle was canted too far to the right, which can facilitate corner entry and improve a car's ability to turn through the corner.

As a result, Gordon has been penalized with the loss of 50 championship owner and 50 championship driver points. Crew chief Kirk Almquist has been fined $50,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/cup/05/27/rgordon.lowes.punishment/index.html

Cadwell

Nascar is too much like the Iroc series now! I was big time into nascar but ever since dale's death I started hating it more with all the rules they have now! So what if his toe was a little off. I thought NASCAR was about who can setup there cars best for the race. These COT suck and Nascar needs to just relax the rules and just let the teams setup their cars the way they want. Hell I remember back in the day where you could have your back wing at different angles for more speed or setup for cornering, now they all have to have the same degree same toe everything the same on every car! BTW if anybody wants some old Nascar diecast let me know!

C Robinson

"dont hate him cuz you aint him" i think is how the saying goes... as far as predictions.. his car will hold up and he"ll dominate. just my opinion

michael_loomis

"dont hate him cuz you aint him" i think is how the saying goes... as far as predictions.. his car will hold up and he"ll dominate. just my opinion
Dominate in what? Cup? Now thats funny right there!!

Huge RG fan (on the track) but seriously... he is never going to dominate going around in circles! (literally)

C Robinson

Dominate in what? Cup? Now thats funny right there!!

Huge RG fan (on the track) but seriously... he is never going to dominate going around in circles! (literally)
umm if you would of read the first post he asks for any guesses on how robby will do in the 500 so when i say he will win i am refering to the baja 500, im not a robby fan, but i still think he will take the 500. Now about Cup racing, In all honesty i doubt he'll dominate a circle race.. maybe a road course

Last edited:

michael_loomis

umm if you would of read the first post he asks for any guesses on how robby will do in the 500 so when i say he will win i am refering to the baja 500, im not a robby fan, but i still think he will take the 500. Now about Cup racing, In all honesty i doubt he'll dominate a circle race.. maybe a road course
I thought since the thread was about cheating.. it was will he cheat or not at the 500?? lol ... My bad!

I'm so torn... I want the 7 AND the 8 to win!! LOL

M_Solms

My favorite Nascar cheat story

"NASCAR inspectors removed the gas tank from Smokey Yunick's car before watching him drive off without it."

Wendell #527

Nascar as a company does not like RG. Robby is only there to make money to support his offroad racing. His mistake happened a couple years ago when he publicly said just that. That is a slap in the face of Nascar, and whenever they can, RG gets the shaft by Nascar. Inspections happen all the time, but what's lame is the degree of penalty RG always gets for any minor infraction versus what other drivers would get. It's kind of like the Raiders when Al Davis sued the NFL. And now Al wonders why the refs, who are employed by the NFL, are always bias against the Raiders? The lesson is don't sue or slap the sanctioning body when they make/enforce the rules you have to play by.

ScottyA

All those rules make it easier for them to let there chosen few to slide through tech. The chosen few being the ones that market well and make Ascar a lot of money.