RG Shocks?

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
What is so special about a Robby Gordon shock? Is it like the ones that sway away was playing with, having internal bypassing? The have that top section that is held by hose clamps, why?

IF ALL ELSE FAILS.......DROP THE "HAMMER"!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The hose clamps hold on the split spring spacers. These are to adjust for a different lenght spring.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I hope that is not all that is good about them.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

scott

Reaction
Robby has had those shocks up to 500 degrees without fading out.... Lets see internal not external...Pretty damn good if you ask me....... (Riviera Pit Support)

pciscott

Reaction
I do not know how they work yet, but I will let you know soon. One shock per wheel equals less fabrication, less weight, and unlimited amount of staging inside the shocks. This means instead of 3 position external bypass, you can have as many as you want to control your suspension. The shocks Robby set up for my prerunner have 25 positions to progressively control the suspension. The clamps you refer to set the ride height, threaded cans can be hard to adjust especially after the shocks are a year old. With a good spring compressor you can set the ride height in minutes with spacers cut in half and clamps. The piggyback reservoirs flow more fluid and get rid of hoses that you have to maintain. Bigbird has a set of SwayAway internal bypass shocks that have worked great for the last 5 years, the Robby shocks are just a little more high end with more bells and whistles. The other benefit for a prerunner is that bypass tubes make clicking noise that a internal bypass shock does not. If you look on www.newline-products.com you can see a picture of my Robby shocks that were mounted on my truck this week.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Keep us updated, I have been trying to find out all the "bells and whistles" for some time now. I fiqured it had something to do with shaving weight and fabrication off of a car.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

Brian Mapes

Reaction
PCISCOTT post some pics when your prerunner gets done or have it skunked so we can see some pics. that thing is awesome. I love the Fiberglass bedsides that are all aerodynamic and go over the tire. Tight!