RG's Tecate - LaVictoria truck

Bham_Mike

Reaction
RG\'s Tecate - LaVictoria truck

Anybody remember that picture of RG in the Tecate truck in the air, all crossed up? I've looked for it online but can't find the one I'm thinking of. Anybody have it?

Mike

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Re: RG\'s Tecate - LaVictoria truck

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.webshots.com>www.webshots.com</A>
search for "off road racing" or "desert racing". Also Rory might have it on his page (racers only)

tkr

Reaction

didn't find it there...

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

AllwaysRcn

Reaction

try this
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://go-desert.com/photos/vintage/robbysalsa.html>http://go-desert.com/photos/vintage/robbysalsa.html</A>

Bham_Mike

Reaction

Thats not it. Maybe I'm dreaming. I remember thinking it was a pretty awesome picture at the time.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

During he '96 or '97 Laughlin race Marty Coyne was driving Robby's old "Roseanne" truck. He was coming down rolling section and got all crossed up in the air. When he landed, one of the rear tires exploded and he came out with a fantastic save. However, I have never seen a pic of that incident.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

full_pull

Lobo
Reaction

BajaWaldo,
I believe the incident you are talking about was during the 1995 Fireworks 250. It can be seen on Ouch Productions' videos "Crash and Ouch" and the "1995 Fireworks 250."

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

Actually, I am pretty sure is was Laughlin because I have watched those tape so many times. But I guess I'll have to go and watch some tapes of off-road racing again this weekend!!! Darn. I will clarify the location and year after viewing.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

DougM

Reaction

It was the Fireworks 250, it was Bob Bower commentating and it was a front flat and a broken balljoint..

just re-watched that tape last night..

martininsocal

Reaction

Is that the one where Robby says ..." I guess will have to switch to link pins..."?

If your gonna go, go BIG

RacerX

Reaction

Does anyone have any good pictures of that truck? I have all of the ones off go-desert.

Thanks

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction

Baja, yes it was Barstow....I was standing right there....WHAT A SITE!

Racers Only

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

I just want to clarify...The "oh-I failed spelling" I am talking about is the when Marty Coyne actually owned and drove RG's old truck.

The RG incedent in Barstow was when RG still owned Roseanne. And yes he said they were changing the front to pins. He also talked about his "new" (then) TT being built that was going to be 2000lbs lighter.

Did Marty Coyne have an "oh-I failed spelling" in Barstow as well?????

BRAAAAAAAAP!

full_pull

Lobo
Reaction

BajaWaldo,
The Marty Coyne incident we are all talking about took place in Barstow at the 1995 Fireworks 250. Marty Coyne was driving Roseanne and it was painted red, white, and blue with the Ultra Wheels logo on the door. Whether Robby owned the truck at that point or not, I don't know, but Robby was not driving. Robby was driving his '96 bodystyle Valvoline Ford longbed (Mark Post's truck?) in that race.
Full Pull

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

10-4!

Since ya'll are in concensus, it must be Barstool! I don't know why I thought it was Laughlin.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

AllwaysRcn

Reaction

1995 Barstow fireworks 250 was not a good day. I'm sure most here remember why!!

DougM

Reaction

Yes that was black Sat. the same year that most of the factory teams pulled out of the dez as well as Walker hitting the ESPN photog whilst chasing Ivan. :(

Attachments

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

He hit the photographer seconds after the shot you just posted?

See ya in the dirt!

RacerX

Reaction

I found this pic of Robbie Gordons Rager. Does anyone have close up pics of it?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RacerX on 09/27/02 02:32 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments