Rhino coat vs line x vs ? For fiberglass

Fifty

I want to have the inside of my fiberglass fenders and bedsides, as well as the lip of those sprayed in line x, rhino coat or something. It will help protect it from cracking from rock hits.

I have called the local line x and rhino coat places and they say they won’t do fiberglass.

Is this a common thing?

If not, is there Anyplace in the Bay Area of California that someone can recommend?

I thought about the roll on stuff, but My son was just born and I have zero time to be out in the garage to experiment... (and my wife would kill me).

jon coleman

i forgot wat it was but we used to paint this stuff on sports cars fibrglss stuff for just that issue, no cal has lottsa road race vintage shops , might have a line on the hot ticket

dan200

#BSF200
Your issue with no one wanting to bed line the inners of your fiberglass is strange. It is done regularly here in Phoenix. I would keep shopping. It does stiffen over time so that may mean it takes some flex out of the fiberglass. I have never had this done myself but I have see a lot of it. Seems to work.

This was discussed here a long time ago Spraying fiberglass with bedliner??

the line x site has all kinds of case studies on the results of different applications Case Studies | LINE-X

Last edited:

Fifty

I have reached out to another line x that has said they may do it. Now I just need to see about pricing.

Fifty

I was told adhesion problems by rhino coat in Sacramento. And then straight no by line x in concord and sac.
Pittsburgh line x just said they can do it.. I’m awaiting a quote.

Lizard skin said don’t use their product of it has a risk of getting hit with debris.

Fifty

Got a quote for $1000 to do the bed rail caps, the wheel well lips, and just the fiberglass sides of the inner wheel wells.

Anyone have an opinion on that quote?

I forgot to ask them to do the rocker as well...

Fifty

These spots. I’d take the “sliders” off and have just that lower bit sprayed as well.

I wish I had the new front bumper and bed rack done, or is include the bumpers and the rack to the list to get the pricing down ish... but I need to get this fiberglass coated before it gets damaged arbitrarily 294CBB57-5BD5-42C4-9AE1-644EF0C724F2.jpegA831DD01-BE30-4113-A4A6-5005D7755068.jpeg1E75662E-B2BF-474E-96E5-1B8572805530.jpeg

Bert is my name

Raptor liner is a spray on DIY kit. Cost about 150 at most body shop supply places. Can be tinted with paint for color match. Get the masking tape with wire on the edge for clean lines. Super easy to do. Any body shop can do it.

Bert is my name

Slightly smoother texture than the other bed liners. Hides really well. I would imagine the other stuff has some kind of solvent in it that causes problems for fiberglass if the other places don't want the work.

Fifty

Going to look at raptor liner and possibly spray it myself later this summer

BTFfabrication

$1000 sound in line, it’s pretty darn expensive. We got close to that number the last couple times we have recieved quotes for close to the same amount of coverage.

51rcr

cheap for real polyurea by the time they prep and mask. I thought you were wanting to do the under sides as in inside to protect from starburst cracks. which it still can but helps. needs impact protecton. poor mans cure get some really good calk, cut some foam like the cheap sleaping mats and glue above wheels for aways. For exterior if your cheap just get ruberized/paintable chip guard. Or a Product like Rocker shootz. Or comparable rocker chip guard product thats got some elasticity. Your going to want to do the whole front leading edge of the rear flare