Votes: 14 20.6%
  • rzr

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • teryx

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

peezy

Reaction
well my moms boy friend is trying to get a UTV. but he is having a hard time to pick one. he does not know witch on will be better. he wants one with 4 seats so i think the rzr is out. so between the rhino and the teryx (Long travel) witch one is the better of the two?:confused:

Thanks,

peezy

Reaction
When you put the 4 seat only option on the table the Teryx makes way more sense over the Rhino.

Stronger chassis, stronger spindles and rack and pinion, way stouter 750 V twin motor that loves go fast parts .
omg i love it we will takke it :D :D haha nice ride, how much did that all take if i may ask?

Gage Werke Composites

Reaction
Re: rhino vs teryx vs rzr/ What about Prowler?

Arctic Cat Prowler 1000. Have one and it blows them all out of the water. 70 miles per hour right from the factory. And plenty of room for the back seats. Plus Arctic Cat got 1st and 2nd at the Baja 1000

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
From the looks of that white one I would pick the Teryx.

jfracerzr

Reaction
i think you should go with the rzr
they are good everywhere
there is a 4 seater rzr coming out soon
the artic cats take forever to get to 70 we passed the baja 1000 winner on a straightaway at the bluewater gp and beat them both

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Absolutely the RZR S. 65 MPH out of the box, 12" of Fox shock travel, low center of gravity, light weigh, etc. Plus if you want proof...in 2008 it won the SCORE championship, BITD championship, WORCS championship, and GNCC championship. Total domination! Plus Polaris is an American company.

Allen Roben

Reaction
If you want 4 seats I would go with the Ranger Crew. It may look like a bus but it can haul 4 big boys and still has a full size bed. Plus with the wheel base it actually handles better than almost anything across the desert.

JPBart

Reaction
I have a Ranger Crew with Lothringer long travel on it. It absolutely blows away the short wheel base rhino/teryx in handling. Take a ride in the back of a 4 seat Rhino and then take a ride in the back seat of a Ranger Crew. You will never ride in a rhino again. Plus you still have a bed to toss all your junk in. The Lothringer kit is pretty amazing. I use it for desert search and rescue and do patient transports out of the boonies to an ambulance or helo. A little over 1500 miles on it and not a single problem.

PM me if you want to come out for a test ride. I spend a lot of weekends in the socal deserts and would be happy to let you see how it works.

Goober

Reaction
I have a Ranger Crew with Lothringer long travel on it. It absolutely blows away the short wheel base rhino/teryx in handling. Take a ride in the back of a 4 seat Rhino and then take a ride in the back seat of a Ranger Crew. You will never ride in a rhino again. Plus you still have a bed to toss all your junk in. The Lothringer kit is pretty amazing. I use it for desert search and rescue and do patient transports out of the boonies to an ambulance or helo. A little over 1500 miles on it and not a single problem.

PM me if you want to come out for a test ride. I spend a lot of weekends in the socal deserts and would be happy to let you see how it works.
Pics?

peezy

Reaction
so when will the rzr 4 seater be out? any information on it?

BuzzChaser

Reaction
Depends on the use. For all around, Rhino 660 (until they come out with a chip for the 700)

jfracerzr

Reaction
so when will the rzr 4 seater be out? any information on it?
i dont know the set date but robby gordon built it and i heard it would probly be when they come out with the next line of rzrs
the rangers are also pretty good

Tanner1600

Reaction
i have a rhino and its okay but my opinion on utvs is that they are pretty much all the same and they all suck

Martin

Reaction
Teyrx because it is twin cylinder has a large bed for storage. I own a 2005 Rhino and will up grade to Teyrx ASAP.

JPBart

Reaction
Here are a couple of tiny pics and a giant one. Need to work on the camera settings I guess. I will get some new ones this weekend. We will be out at Slash X for the D37 night race Saturday night if anyone wants to come check it out.

Attachments

dbedy

Reaction
If you look at build quality on UTV's the rhino blows everyone else away. Just take a look at how the janky diff lock works on a teryx. The teryx and rzr have there strong points but at the end of the day the rhino is the best mix of size, handling, etc. Plus there is a million 4 seat rhinos out there for sale that you can pick up for half of what it would cost to build one.
My two cents......

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I have a rhino and and RZR.

The Rhino is a wallowing pig, but a reliable oinker none the less.

The RZR is a ton of fun, fast and nimble but, a bit tippy. Reliability was not the best having the initial air box issues that led to an early ring job on the motor. Because I did not trust the local dealers in Vegas and did not want to pay the steep price for an adeequate after market ari filter, I made my own from off the shelf parts.

Attachments

LENNY

Reaction
Does anyone know of a motor swap for the rhinos,You no somthing useable not a GSX 1500000 motor something to get more HP but not break every thing doing it.I have a rhino with a mason long travel kit It just need some more power,I really dont want to put a big bore kit on it.Every one that I have been out with thats done this has problems.