Rialto Offroad Raceway...Short Course is Coming!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
This weekend we will begin construction of the Rialto Offroad Raceway. We have approx. 30 acres to work with, with more available if we need it. We will be building a desert-influenced short course with a MUCH better spectator area than was available at the Jump Championships. The raceway will be opening September 21st with a time-trial event (similar to last year's Sand Blast). We have two other events planned for this year and for 2003 we will be running a prerunner race series as well as more jumping events and the like. If there is enough interest we would like to include a pro series. The course will also be available for testing. Carl Renezeder had his new Pro 2 truck out at the property last week (attached is one photo...more on prerunners.com). This will also be a location that other promoters may include in their series. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity and we owe it all to the United Prerunners members and other offroaders who have supported our efforts in the past and have helped to make the past events happen. For those of you who have been wanting to see short course action in So. Cal., here you go. Now, we need your support if it's going to last and be successful! We'd love to hear any questions or comments...

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Attachments

• 5-25815-crtest15.JPG
    5-25815-crtest15.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 151

CoiloverKid

Reaction
I think this is where everything everyone's worked and helped out for is going to pay off. no more having to test your truck in the dip behind the market! And 30 acres; that's simply awesome. I'll help anyway i can, Jen! I cant wait to see whats in store...

Keep it sideways.

martininsocal

Reaction
way cool! I will definitely be there! just ask for any help you need.

hey dennis- class 11's? pizza in the winners circle? this is the potential every mans class for those of you who don't know or never got the oppurtunity to go to the PAS. class 11 was the highlight of the races. more fenders, more bent noses, and more fun than any other class out there! and cheap too. start planning to build one now! and no one can just build more motor! check out the rules. this will be great.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

poolman

Reaction
Good luck Jen!Where is Rialtotucky anyways?poolman

Pigs get Fat...Hogs get Slaughtered

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Rialtotucky is right next to Fontucky and San Bernardino. If anyone has a tractor and wants to come out and help with the effort, we'll be out there Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Just give us a call and we'll get you directions (Big BBQ and fireworks on Saturday) (909) 780-5331. Suggestions about what they'd like to see out there once we open and comments would really be appreciated. I thought there'd be a little more excitement from all the people who are always reminiscing about Glen Helen and Riverside. We're going big with this (just refinanced the house to make it happen so we're quite serious). Let's hear what the rest of you think!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
hey, I'm ready for it, and am stoked to here that you will be doing so many events this year. I will hopefully be out there on sat to help and hang out. I will try and get off work early.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

RacnCPA

Reaction
So tell us more about the race series you have planned. Dates, classes, structure, etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Sc

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
jen,

You said your gonna be out there thurs through sun. what time you guys gonna be there thursday? I have to go to san bernadino to visit grandma but i would like to stay there a short a time as possible then head out to the airport to help or do what ever.

Gregg

WFODAN

Reaction
Well I for one think it's great that Greg and Jen are building us a place to race local to us . I would think that people would be coming out of the woodwork with support for them . Look at what is starting to happen people !! This is the most effort anyone has put forth in a long while to bring back short course racing to CA . The possabilities are endless !! If anyone has ever questioned UP's devotion to desert racing , they can put it to rest . Greg and Jen have re financed their house to make this dream a reality . This is for every person with a desire to race . Just think of where this could lead . Bring bigger sponsors back into local racers grasp , possible TV coverage that everyone always talks about . Just think positive and put forth whatever effort you can . I believe this is totally possible , but it will take all of us to make it become what it can be . Jen , you can count me in for any help you need . Now let's all get together and make this happen !!!

Dan Vance

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Dan, I've said it before and I'll say it again...YOU ROCK! We'll be out there from the wee hours of the morning till well past dark each day, S10. Come on out! Saturday we'll be doing the bbq and fireworks and we have some "special guests" coming to give us their expert opinion on what we've built so far and what we should include. Most of the course was cut this afternoon and evening. We've got a 3/4 mile, very desert-inspired course that is reallllllly wide. I made a little sketch of what it sorta looks like (attached). This will be the course we use for the event in September. For other races there's a long, straight, very fast section that makes the course 1.5 miles. The big project is building a spectator hill so that everyone can see all the action and stay in a safe area. The whole spectator area is really nice, with a lot of trees and a bunch of logs to sit on (lloks almost like a little park or campground). As for the details on the 2003 series, we don't have many, yet. We know we want to run a prerunner series, with classes similar to those we've had at past events (nearly-stock, modified [coilovers], and pro [linked]). This is our main priority...after all we are United PRERUNNERS and we really want to offer all our friends and fellow prerunners something fun to do. We would also like to run a "Pro Series" that would include a class for virtually everyone, but we're not sure how it's going to work, yet. It's still all in the verrrry early stages. We do know that with both series we're going to have a points fund and a percentage of everything that comes in is going into those points funds. We want to make it fun and AFFORDABLE to race there and we want to make sure that everyone who helps put on a good show gets something in return. I wish I had more, Sheryl! For those of you who have been there and done that please feel free to let us know what we SHOULD do. We've never done anything like this and can really use some advice!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Oops, I forgot the attachment!

Attachments

• 5-26029-coursesketch.jpg
    5-26029-coursesketch.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 117

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Jen and Greg you have my support. I know how it is to put a lot into something and know the commitment you have made. The coarse looks cool. Is the race in Sept. going to be time trials or heat races? Guess I will have to build a truck to race there now.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

erikh

Reaction
Kevin Costner made a movie with a similar theme, "Field of Dreams." I think the line "Build it and they will come" would be true here as well. How does "Short Course of Dreams" sound?

erik

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Greg and Jen

The place is looking pretty good. I just wish i could have been more help today. To all the other dez heads out there they could really use your help and it seems like its gonna be an awsome site to go have fun. Hopefully next time i can make it down there i can be alittle bit more helpful. Thanks for puttin all your time and effort into a place where all of us can go and have a great time be it watching or racing. Keep up the good work bacause in the end i think its definatly gonna be worth it in the end.

With alittle more help for the off road community it could be ready sooner so i encourage anyone that has a free day to go out and help and if you have a tractor i bet Greg and Jen would really appreciate that so they dont have take 100% of the cost into makeing a killer off road complex for all of us to enjoy.

Gregg

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Re: Rialto Offroad Raceway...Short Course is Comin

looks like time to build a new truck.Thanks Greg & Jen

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
When and where? Well I know it's in Rialto....but when. We have a short course car and would love to race! I can pass the word around....but I got to know WHEN! BESIDES I can double as "TECH DUDE" Lets remember theres a safety thing involed here. I got all the tools needed and the personal for the help....let talk and make this work out!

CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARTS "All Race Tech & Safety" office # is 702-897-3583

Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra