Rialto Offroad Raceway Update

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Greg told me there was someone asking what was up with our schedule on RDC but I can't find the post. In a nutshell, we have been waiting (and waiting) on the go-ahead from the FAA. Because it is airport property that was purchased with grant monies from the FAA the airport manager wants to be certain that no grant conditions will be violated by us being there. The reason this became an issue was because the Monday after our D-Day event he recived a letter from the FAA stating that all drag racing (which was a very big deal for the airport...had been going on for years) was to stop. That kind of racing was going on in improved areas of the property, not vacant land like where we are. So, we are cautiously optimistic that it will all work out okay. There is a meeting tomorrow at 10:00 AM between the airport manager and the FAA and he told me by Monday we should know something for sure. It has been very frustrating waiting when we were all so gung ho, but there really has been nothing we could do but wait. Someone was saying when you deal with the federal government you're not just dealing with red tape you're dealing with a big fat ROLL of red tape and we are finding this to be very true. Obviously I'm very hesitant to announce a schedule when we aren't sure what's going on, but we DO hope to have wheel-to-wheel racing as well as time trial events over 3-5 weekends in the coming year and if all goes well, do a full season (5-8 weekend events) next year. As soon as I know more I will pass the word along and then we can start talking about who might be interested in racing short course desert style out there in Rialto!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Dave_G

Reaction
Jen,
The biggest problem the FAA had with the drag racers was the K rail along the taxiways and people too close to the runway enviroment during the events. In my opinion I don't think you guys have a problem based on where your track is. But you never know about FAA.....

Dave

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Just a quick update...I don't have any details yet, but the message on my machine when I got home today was "It's a green light"! Woo hoo! We'll start working on the schedule right away and keep you all posted.

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>