Rialto Offroad Raceway

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Well, we got the "green light" today to continue doing events in Rialto. We are working on a schedule to include time trial racing as well as wheel-to-wheel races, our annual Jump Championships, and perhaps a couple days that would be like "open practice". It will also be available for testing sessions. There is a lot of work to do, both physically and with paperwork, but we're hoping to have some firm dates set in the next couple weeks. While we are working on submitting the dates, does anyone have any suggestions of what they would like to see out there, what they might be most interested in participating in, what classes they'd like to see offered, etc? Your input will help us make this something to make EVERYONE happy (an impossibility, I've been told but it can't hurt to try!).

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

hoeker

Reaction
that's great news jen!! now you guys can quit stressing, and just plain have lots of work to do. i'm sure it was really frustrating to have all the time and money into the track, and not get to use it. good luck with your events for this year, wish i could come and visit, but i'll probably wait to meet you at crandon.

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

RacnCPA

Reaction
OK thanks for the update. Let me know when you have something going on there. Email me directly or call me at the office, thanks.

Sc

ESB4130

Reaction
i like the ideas posted so far...time trials and wheel to wheel racing. maybe a few more jumping contests and big days like d-day and the sandblast. i know its expensive and stuff but with the increased popularity...it should get bigger and bigger and get easier as things get more routine. i think you guys are doing a pretty good job so far, ive only been to 2 events at rialto but they both went seemingly very well. if anything id just like to see more of those nice 3-linked and bypassed trucks in the parking lots, out on the track instead of pounding pavement.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Sure thing, Sheryl. Yeah, BIG FAT LOSER (hehe), it'd be similar, but you'd pay for so many laps and then get to run them with no one else on the course, then if you wanted to go again you'd get back in line and sign up for a few more laps. We'd probably work that event very similar to how our shop meetings have gone...vendors, food, the usual prerunner gathering, but we'd have the opportunity to play in the dirt a little, too. Also, just talked to the guy who runs the Sand Drags in San Jacinto (doesn't his son, Dave, post here?) and they'll be having a facility right next to our track. It'll be like a little offroad motorsports super-park!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
ESB, we'd like that, too. That's why we're trying to have different kinds of events. If they don't want the risk of wheel-to-wheel racing, there's the time trials. And if they don't want the pressure of the time trials, there's "practice days." And if they STILL don't want to take their trucks out there then at least there'll be a place they can comfortably watch with (for most) not too far of a drive.

martininsocal

Reaction
Jen- I'd like to see wheel to wheel racing for race acrs and time trials for anyone else who has safety gear and doesn't want to rub fenders.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG