RicherRacing shop truck build

JonnyR

Reaction
Over the past year we have been working on the RicherRacing shop truck sporadically whenever time would allow, and now that Off Road Expo is less than a week away, we have stepped it up a bit. As most of you know, when building a truck plans ALWAYS change. When I first bought the truck all I wanted to was race it and build it as simple as possible. The plan was to prototype our performance kit off the truck and run the Deaver spring under setup in the rear and have fun with it. After tearing apart my old F-150 (with plans to rebuild it) and letting it sit outside for years I realized that I better build this truck the way I want it, the first time. The truck is an 04 F-150 standard cab "short bed" with a 4.6 V8. We will be running our front LT kit along with our new links in the rear. The entire cage is built out of 4130 which has been kindly donated to us by Summit Steel I plan on having the truck drivable early next year and plan to race it in 2010. I didn't really take too many pictures of the build when we started because everyone has seen a torn down truck, but this is what we have done so far. Don't forget to look for it at the expo!!

Cadwell

Reaction
looks great !

FiberwerX

Reaction
Looks badass Jonny, glad to see our 1-piece on there! Can't wait to see her all finished up and painted..

JonnyR

Reaction
Thank you everyone for the kind words! We've really been burning the midnight oil trying to get two trucks done for the show, on top of all our displays. Here's where we're at with 3 days to go and 3 cases of 5 hour energy down!

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
Work looks amazing. What is the wheelbase, track width and front and rear wheel travel? If you have not already stated it

JonnyR

Reaction
Wheelbase is 128", track width is 93", front travel is 17" and rear travel will be set to 26". Here are a few pictures from tonight. I set up the gas struts to help lift the spares and they work GREAT! Technically I don't even have to lift the 2 37's, the gas spring does it for me and it takes very little effort to lower it. Here's a sequence of shots to proove it:D

Combz08

Reaction
MAN!!!! i was thinking of doing something similar for my spares guess time to pioneer something else sweet build you guys are hoofing it

norcaltaco

Reaction
Nice work Jonny. I had a loose uniball and the bolt snapped. Lucky I found Jonny and the crew at RicherRacing were there to hook up a great repair service. I will for sure be coming to you guys again for future builds and work. Thanks alot man.