Richmond Gears GOOD or BAD???

Combz08

Reaction
I am trying to figure out what Third Member and i have a hook up at Richmond anyone have any good or bad input on them thx in advance!!!!

richard cretsinger

Reaction
im assuming your looking for a 9" third member? i use a strange housing, seems to always hold up for us. as far as gears go, richmond are very hard to set up, we like precision gear, if there is such a thing anymore or the last set i got were from US gear. which i believe are the same as strange, they seemed to set up real easy and are not from over seas. we have used the yukon gear in the past and was ok, but the last set i purchased really sucked, they would not set up for anything.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
The only experience I have with Richmond is with their Powertrax locker. Works great so far, but their customer service is WACK. Just my opinion.
I bought a locker on eBay and one of the springs came damaged beyond repair. There was a factory warranty in the box so I called... and called... and called... and after about ten phone calls finally got through to a guy who took half an hour to get the info he needed, about one question every five minutes or so then silence. Then they wanted me to send them an invoice for their records.
Most companies these days wouldn't have a problem sending a dinky little .50 spring in the mail, or better yet a whole new spring kit with all 8 springs and dowels. I ended up getting a whole new kit from the guy on eBay for free. The 8"x8" box from Richmond showed up two weeks later, with... amazingly... ONE spring.

Anyways... Richmond's product hasn't let me down yet, but their customer service is pretty weak.