Riddle Time

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I heard this on the radio last week...so if you heard it to, don't reply.

Here is a riddle for you guys:

Two fathers and two sons go fishing.
They all caught one fish.
Only three fish were caught total.
How is this possible?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

martininsocal

Reaction
waldo-thats way too easy, but in reality, unless grandpas is jesus christ, there are all the sons of someone!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I heard it on the radio man!!!

Klaus, yours was figured out the first try also #:>)

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
How many letter are in the alphabet?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
ok...i faild mine thought... i picked 3.

Tyson

Reaction
IN what language?? lol

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
English - think outside the bun.

Here is a more difficult one for you brainiacs!

A man walks up to you offering you a chance to be named one of the three smartest people in the world. You, of course, agree, and he brings yo to a small forest clearing where two other people are tied to their chairs, with their chairs tied to a tree. He offers you a chair, which is also tied to a tree. You sit down and he ties you up as well. You are sitting in one corner of the triangle, so you can see both of the other people and they can see you. Next the man blindfolds all three of you.

"I am going to paint a red or green dot on each of your foreheads. If you see at least one green dot, raise your hand. You must guess which color dot is on your forehead. If you guess right, I will let you go and give you the title of smartest person on earth. If your wrong, I'm not going to untie you."

The man paints a dot on each of your foreheads and takes the blindfolds off. You see a green dot on both peoples' foreheads, so you raise your hand. They see at least one green dot and raise their hands as well.

After a long silence, you say, "Sir, I know which color dot I have."

Which color dot do you have and how do you know?

Hints:

You cannot see any paint, paintbrushes or paintcans

You cannot tell which way the other people are looking.

You cannot see the reflection in thier eyes (boy, some people are just pitifully desparate)

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 04/23/02 01:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Tyson

Reaction
Well first I was going to say its a <font color=red>dot</font color=red> becasue of the fact that you are seeing 2 green dots process of elimination blah blah blah I must be the red dot. . . but then I reread the riddle and it says

"I am going to paint a red or green dot on each of your foreheads."

So I reinterpreted (sp?) it as you are going to paint a red dot on all of our heads, OR a green dot on all of our heads, so I'd have to say that there is a <font color=green>Dot</font color=green> on my head!

and (thinking outside the box here) there is no LETTER in the word alphabet. . .even close, or my second guess is 8 letters.

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Yota, that was a good guess...nope.

The alphabet one could be correct with LETTER. However, you are closer with your numerical answer.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

martininsocal

Reaction
yeah yeah yeah, so he forgot the!

hers one for you.-3 guys go to a hotel to get a room. they ask the consierje how much and he says 30 dollars. they all pitch in a 10 spot and head for the room. after a couple hours, the consierje is feeling good and decides to give them a break on the price. he tells the bell hop to take 5 dollars up to the guys in room 303. on the way up in the elevator, the bell hop is trying to figure out how to devide 5 bucks between 3 guys. he figures since they don't know any better, he will just give them each back a dollar and keep the rest as a tip. now the guys each have their dollar back so they have each paid 9 bucks. the bell hop is happy with his 2 dollar tip. 3 times 9 is 27 plus 2 is 29. who stole the other dollar?

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

84toy

Reaction
I think I have a solution.
The answer lies in the fact that it takes a while for anyone to answer.
When your blind fold is removed you see 2 green dots and you see both other people raise their hands (indicating that they each see at least one green dot)
At first you think "since each of the other people see's the others green dot, my dot could be red or green"
Then you realize that no one thinks he is the smartest man in the world yet, untill........
You examine the case if you were to see a red dot on one head, a green dot on the other, and everyone raise their hands. This would mean that the person with the green dot on their head sees a green dot on your head.
This is a trivial case and makes the game an uneven contest because to some of the players the answer is obvious and to others it seems like a paradox.
Therefore the only way for the game to be equal is if everyone has a green dot, and the first one to examine this indirect proof of the color of the dot on his own head is the smartest man alive.
ME

Jason

mustafa

Reaction
Are any of the participants from East India? They could have a Bindi on their head (laser tag dot).

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Jack is right for that one.

There are 11 letters in "THE ALPHABET"

BRAAAAAAAAP!