Ridgecrest This Weekend...

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
This weekend we'll be going out to Ridgecrest to help mark the next MDR course. We'll be spending the whole weekend out there (a much needed get-away). It'll be the first trip out with Greg's "NEW & IMPROVED" Ranger and Pat should be taking his "WIDER IS BETTER" Toyota out, too. Everyone's welcome to come out and help! We're going to have a blast (Ridgecrest may be rough, but it's FUN...and pretty, too!). If anyone wants to meet up on Friday afternoon and caravan out, let me know (909) 780-5331 or jen@prerunners.com. I've been out of the desert too long...I can hardly wait!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Sounds like fun but we will be in Pahrump.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

frankh

Reaction
Jen

We will be there Sat afternoon. We will be testing and prerunning on sunday. Testing by pit A, We'll see you out there. Are you guy coming into town for dinner. If so give me a call and we'll hook-up. We are staying at the best western

Frank

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i have never been up there so i have a question? i am planning on going to the race but have no clue how far it is from Temecula which is where i live. If anyone could help it would be appreciated, also what is the fastest way up there?
thanks

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

TO:

Temecula, CA
US

Ridgecrest, CA
US

Total Distance: 165.84 miles Total Estimated Time: 4 hours, 46 minutes

DIRECTIONS DISTANCE

1: Start out going Southwest on 3RD ST towards FRONT ST by turning right. 0.05 miles

2: Turn RIGHT onto FRONT ST. 0.58 miles

3: Turn RIGHT onto RANCHO CALIFORNIA RD. 0.24 miles

4: Turn LEFT. 0.01 miles

5: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ramp. 0.19 miles

6: Merge onto I-15 N. 3.31 miles

7: Take I-215 N towards RIVERSIDE/SAN BERNARDINO. 0.33 miles

8: Merge onto I-215 N. 34.26 miles

9: Take the CA-91/I-215 N exit towards RIVERSIDE/BEACH CITIES/SAN BERNARDINO/BARSTOW. 0.14 miles

10: Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.28 miles

11: Merge onto I-215 N. 19.30 miles

12: Stay straight to go onto I-15 N. 15.92 miles

13: Take the US-395 exit towards BISHOP/ADELANTO. 1.06 miles

14: Merge onto US-395. 9.39 miles

15: US-395 becomes ADELANTO RD. 0.14 miles

16: Turn LEFT onto US-395. 74.59 miles

17: Turn RIGHT onto S CHINA LAKE BLVD. 6.04 miles

18: S CHINA LAKE BLVD becomes CA-178. 0.00 miles

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance:
4 hours, 46 minutes 165.84 miles

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

frankh

Reaction
I have a friend that lives there and goes to vista all the time. he makes it in 3.5 hours. For those that did not see it on the flyer Tech will not be at the same place. Check MDR site for the location.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Yeah, Frank those times are done by MapQuest... It said it would take me like 3 hours to make it to Palmdale from Indio.... I made it to Palmdale in 2hr 15min and that was with stopping twice. I think they are basing the times on either driving on surface streets or maybe a horse and buggy, I dunno.......

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

ntsqd

Reaction
Ever eaten at the Sierra Inn in Inyokern ? It's like The Palms in Carpenteria, cook your own steak the way you want it on an inclined grill. Last time I was there, ~10 years ago, it was excellent. Could've changed since then, but I've driven by a couple times and it hasn't on the outside anyway.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee