Ridiculous

Bro_Gill

Now, I am very familiar with the growing conditions put forth by the CBD and their claims about being endangered. They refuse to acknowledge the existence of trees out side their defined growing area, even though they exist. They also refuse to accept that the trees grow back after fires.

This article is full of falsehoods and lies in the name of Environazism. Notice how the author claims that the fire that burned in the Mohave Preserve was due to high temperatures, a lack of rain, and lightning? Odds are that the area had higher than normal rainfall this year that fueled a higher than normal crop of annual grasses that actually fueled the fire spread caused by lightning. This area usually has no annual grasses left on the ground by the beginning of July, but this year, not only was their still grasses, they were not even cured all the way when this fire started. To say that the area between Highway 15 and highway 40 in Eastern San Bernardino County had high temperatures in July as part of the problem is a bit of a stretch as well, if it is under 100 degrees there during the day any day in July, it was cool. This attempt by the CBD to get the Joshua Tree listed is a huge threat to our recreation and is based on biased science and simple lies.

Tube ride

Snakes in the “green” grass. I know of a team who accidentally “ harvested” one at 70 mph at the ss300. I spent a lot of time out in the Mojave this spring escaping the COVID lock down. It was a wet year with tons of big white flowers and seed pods , the grass was knee high and very healthy. That fire was a Heart breaker for all the unique biodiversity that has flourished out in the Joshua forest. Nothing another 600 years of optimal conditions can’t fix. But optimal and solar farms don’t jive.

Tube ride

Sounds like it was a unanimous vote to “protect the Joshua tree” at least for a year and then review. Permits for races are getting harder and harder. So much empty roof space for solar but they can’t keep their minds out of the desert.

Tube ride

In some of the reports they specifically call out all the off-roading done right outside Joshua tree park boundaries.Johnson valley , Lucerne valley, Barstow.