Riding @ Barstow

elcaprerunner

Reaction
A few of us were thinking of heading up to Barstow Presidents day ( Monday) to go riding on quads and dirtbikes. I wanted to know if it is any good for riding? I know it is good for trucks but how is it on quads/bikes? I am not sure if we are going off the Outlet Center Drive exit or the Hodge Road exit or the Stoddard Road exit, but I am pretty sure we are going off the Stoddard Road exit. So anyways, how is the riding around there? Oh, and if anybody is going out on their dirtbike/quad/truck let me know please, thanks.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

robert_encinas

Reaction
it was to rocky for my quad. we went off hodge rd. a while back. my buddy that went with me didnt like it either
he had a rm250 at the time .he was used to glamis.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get off at Stoddard and go in to the rock pile(10 miles or so) ride from there over to Del Taco at outlet center...its a nice ride with lots of whoops and rocks or ride down to the track and ride the track...it is usually open on weekdays and nobody is there.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
For play riding, we like to go behind Slash X. Flats with whoops, the long sand wash towards outlet center, some moderate hills, and Slash X is a decent place to unwind afterwards. You can feel somewhat secure parking in the camping area behind the restaurant instead of leaving your stuff out by the start/finish area. I know a few people who have been ripped off there while out riding.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Thanks alot for the info so far guys. I have never been to Slash X, only seen it from far away while watching MDR races. I was wondering, how do you get to Slah X from the 15 freeway? Do you get there from Hodge or Stoddard Roads? The "organizer" of the whole thing says we will go by Slash X or something like that so I am sure that is where we will be camping and stuff too. Also, thanks Kris as I am planning on riding the course some. One more thing.... Does anybody know any good jumps for bikes/quads out there either on or off the course? I think we are also planning on heading over by Outlet Center too cause we want to hit that one jump that was in fish's Barstow video like a month ago, the one right off Outlet Center.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

martininsocal

Reaction
To get to Slash X, take the 15 to Barstow Rd and go south. Thats it. Or, you can do what we do, get off at outlet center and (we do this the other direction) travel out the Start/Finish access road to Stoddard Wells Rd. you can then either take Stoddard Wells east to Barstow Rd, or you can jump in the wash and take it south to the rear of Slash X. I usually drop my kids and their bikes off at Slash X and they meet me at start/finish when we go for Tech and registration. Fore good jumps, there are several roads that access the B course near Mile 19. Several good jumps in that area. If you go west along the pole line road from Slash X, there are some good trails with jumps in teh little hills about 2 miles from Slash X.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

desertratt

Reaction
we go riding up there a lot. we take stodderd wells road and park back up in the hills. we'll ride to slash x then take the race corse back or some times just follow some trails back to the truck. we'll usually get in about 50- 100 miles of riding in. you just got to whach out for those gottchs. one bit my grilfriend a couple of weeks ago on her quad. ended up in the er for 4 hours. she just got banged up good. now she is bummed that its going to be a while before she can ride again.

drive fast and take chances!!