Riding in Arizona (Helmet Cam)

sjb7272

Reaction
Here is a little video of us riding, on the far west outskirts of Phoenix. Not much places to ride around here unless you load up and drive somewhere. The video is not much but I'm still learning how to make the videos when Im done. I would like to start racing if I can get my money in order, but dont know if I have the stamina to keep that pace during a race. So here it is, let me know what you think. Enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulEhhcLcNA"]YouTube - Josh#4[/ame]

trentk

Reaction
Cool video, whereabouts are you riding is that off sun valley parkway or further west than that?

You should consider racing next months whiplash race in snowflake. It is a fast, smooth course not nearly as tough as most of the races. It is also a good reason to get out of the heat. :)

Trent

sjb7272

Reaction
Cool video, whereabouts are you riding is that off sun valley parkway or further west than that?

You should consider racing next months whiplash race in snowflake. It is a fast, smooth course not nearly as tough as most of the races. It is also a good reason to get out of the heat. :)

Trent
Its farther west, that first road I was on actually runs along the fence line on the east side of the Power plant, then we hit the power line road and go east. Its about an 11 mile loop from my house.

I may check out Snowflake, we go up there every year to watch some buddies on quads, Pro class and expert, but money is the issue right now, either that or I may check out Wickenburg but I hear that's rough.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
+1 on snowflake. It is a very fast and easy course. Mostly all hardpack. Whiplash may not be the best, but they are the only ones who race in Central AZ (besides BITD). Wickenburg is very technical and demanding. The course is mostly sand whoops, g-outs, and elevation changes.

trentk

Reaction
Wickenburg is my 2nd favorite track. It is a lot rougher than snowflake but I don't think it is too bad, it is a true desert course IMO. I will probably start pre running wickenburg in october and november. If you want to tag along keep an eye on the ridingaz racer's forum. I normally post there when I am going out.

That loop you posted looks like fun and not too far from my place in avondale. Any chance you want to send me a google map of the loop or show me around sometime? What land is it? I mean is it ok for us to be riding there or do you get hassled by sheriffs, cops, BLM, etc?

sjb7272

Reaction
Wickenburg is my 2nd favorite track. It is a lot rougher than snowflake but I don't think it is too bad, it is a true desert course IMO. I will probably start pre running wickenburg in october and november. If you want to tag along keep an eye on the ridingaz racer's forum. I normally post there when I am going out.

That loop you posted looks like fun and not too far from my place in avondale. Any chance you want to send me a google map of the loop or show me around sometime? What land is it? I mean is it ok for us to be riding there or do you get hassled by sheriffs, cops, BLM, etc?
I not to sure how to do the google map thing, but its right off 370th AVE and Salome highway, just west of the Tonopah Fire Station. I'm sure we could probably get in trouble for riding but I really don't see to many deputies out this way its hit or miss. The washes out there are actually marked with road signs so. I'm all about the laws and have my OHV sticker and all that and wear all the gear, but I'm sure if they wanted to issue tickets they could for riding along the side of the road or crossing the road. I normally go farther west near Parker to go riding at the in-laws but have recently been riding around here just about every weekend. I would be more than happy to take you around, I usually go out on Sunday and Monday evenings, but just west of here you got the Saddle mountain range that people ride at and also there is about a 25 mile ride up to Hummingbird springs, I've never been out to Saddle Mt. but have done the Hummingbird springs run.

trentk

Reaction
thanks for the info, i will send you a PM once things cool down around here. I'd like to check out the area with you.

thanks,
Trent

sjb7272

Reaction
Here is the best I could do on Google earth, we actually start on 367th Ave and Salome Highway. I'm not to sure about points like 15 thru 19 if they are the actual road we were on or not, but it is pretty close.

Attachments

RUFF_RYDER

Reaction
Sweet vid
When ever we go up to parker or havasu i can honestly say its some of the best riding ive done