Rim size.............

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
What size rim do you recommend on a '94 Ranger 2wd ?

15x7 or 15x8 ??

I'll be running 35x12.5x15's with champion beadlocks

Thanks in advance,

-Scott (Havahockeys brother)

98 Tacoma Prerunner, Camburg Long Travel Kit, Deavers, 7100's, blah blah..

Josh_Bethmann

Reaction
I have a 95 Ranger 4wheel drive with 15x8's and they seem to work very well. No rubbing at all. They also kick out nicely. Im not sure how well this info helps being that you have 2wd Ranger, but good luck.
-Josh

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.JTB-Design.com>http://www.JTB-Design.com</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I hace 35x12.5R15 On my Toyota and I run a 7" rim work great for me!

Go Big Or Go Home

SuperDave

Reaction
Go with the 15x7 rims. Pretend 15x8's never existed. I've seen many a trucks run 33's and 35's on 15x7's. Including my truck.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I curiouse to know the functional reasons for having the 7" vs. 8". "looks awesome" doesn't do it for me.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

heavy8

Reaction
8 in wheels work fine, but 7 in wheels protect the side-wall better by eliminating the sidewall buldge. I ran 8in wheels till I brushed up against a rock at about 40 and the tire just pop'ed like a balloon.
Not sure about streat peformance or tread life on the 7in though.

Marshall

Reaction
The 7 inch rim will put less load on your spindal. Rangers are know for wandering because of the I-beam design, the narrower rim will also help in this department. Your running beadlocks so keeping it on the rim isnt a concern, but the 7" wheel is lass likley to clip a rock and blow a bead. Im not sure if the difference between 7 and 8 is that big of a deal but if you have a choice I would say go with the 7s.

poolman

Reaction
I originally had 15x8 on my Tacoma and the offset is what makes the difference .More strain on the steering gear and linkage.You will really notice the handling on a 15x7 because of the almost zero offset.15x8's will also rub with about any size over 31,JMHO,poolman

You only live once,and if you lived like I have, once is enough.Frank Sinatra

motoxscott

Reaction
Thanks everyone, all the info helped.

I'm planning on running the 15x7's.

Thanks,
-Scott