Rims/Tires and shocks

FordFreak

Reaction
I was looking into tires for my F-150 and was wondering what diameter rim I would need. I had a guy at the local tire place say that I could fit a 35X12.5 tire on a 8 inch rim. In doing most of my research I have found that a 10" wide rim is required. I hope you guys can help me out on this one. Another question and I don't want to start a shock war so please just give some input of the quality of this shock. I know know that King, Sway-A-Way, Bilsteins are all good shocks, but a buddy of mine can get me a hook-up on some KYB Monomax shocks for now and I was wondering about the quality of them. Are they even in the same class as the three previously mention shocks or should I stick with one of the big 3 I mentioned earlier. Help with either of these questions would be appreciated.

Adam
Powerd By American Muscle.

jeff

Reaction
A 16x8 or 17x8 with a 35x12.5x?? is fine. A 10" wheel is too wide unless you like that look or if you run sand every day. If you can find a 9" wide wheel that's always an option but an 8" or 8.5" wide wheel will work fine. Just make sure the backspacing will work with whatever lift you run.

The KYB Monomax shock is a $49.95 PepBoys special. Comparing the KYB Monomax to anything made by King, SAW, Bilstein (except maybe their stock replacement series) or FOX is a slap in their face.

Aloha

FordFreak

Reaction
I plan on runnig a 16" rim which is the same size in diameter as my stock rim that way I can use the Bridgestone Dueler that I have on it for now. I thought that the KYB shock was not in a class as the others, I guess that I just wanted to hear someone else say it as well.

Adam
I only drive trucks...Powerd By American Muscle.