Ring & Pinions

ffrank

Reaction
Where is everyone getting r&p from. Im having a hell of a time finding one. Any help would be appreciated

Shred918

Reaction
Yeah bus box IRS cars with limited travel!

mrmatt

Reaction
Where is everyone getting r&p from. Im having a hell of a time finding one. Any help would be appreciated

I get mine from Folts.

T_Petersen

Reaction
CarCraft of Riverside has shelves full.

Change classes, not rules.

A lot of drivers have learned how to drive with these rules and so can everyone else. Putting expensive parts changes the class. Expensive parts will allow guys to drive how ever they want when ever they want with no consequences.

Stop trying to make change to the class and make change to the driving habit with the current parts and rules. This is a drivers/prep class and it needs to stay that way. Use the money on better prep or another class.

www.facebook.com/TDPmotorsports

Maxwell_99

Reaction
CarCraft of Riverside has shelves full.

Change classes, not rules.

A lot of drivers have learned how to drive with these rules and so can everyone else. Putting expensive parts changes the class. Expensive parts will allow guys to drive how ever they want when ever they want with no consequences.

Stop trying to make change to the class and make change to the driving habit with the current parts and rules. This is a drivers/prep class and it needs to stay that way. Use the money on better prep or another class.

This is is where the issue is. Everyone thinks it will make the class more expensive, wrong. It won't make the cars faster, just last longer. Yeah you could try and drive a little harder but nothing else is changed so you still have the limitations. I'll keep driving whatever the rules but there should be some changes made to the class. Not trying to change it completely or make it faster. I agree that if anyone wants to go faster then they need to change classes. It's ok though, keep thinking I'm trying to change the class all around and make it more expensive. For the record we probably run one of the cheapest programs out there.

Go ahead, bash away

T_Petersen

Reaction
No bashing or disrespect in any way on you Ian and Im not talking about this making the class more expensive. But I have gone through a few R&P myself and haven't had any trouble finding a proper replacement in either sizing.

Yeah, the more expensive parts might last longer to compensate for buying the cheap ones often, but it will change the competition around because you can run that much harder with the better parts.

The large expense goes towards finding that right combination if the trans gets opened up. That is where the guys with the money will have the advantage due to the fact they can afford to buy/try multiple combinations. I know I can't afford to buy transmission parts under a hunch or theory, then hope it works, and Im sure there are others in the same boat. This is why motors can be claimed, to learn trade secrets and use them in the future.

I could be wrong, but winners have experience and secrets to the trade, no one just woke up a winner. It takes years of tricks and lessons to find that proper set-up combination and driving style. Only the deep pockets and people born into a racing family can speed that learning curve up by buying or inheriting those ideas. This goes for every class out there. Talent only takes you so far then money has to kick in for the time of testing and developing those skill.

Maxwell_99

Reaction
Do you honestly think there is any 'big' money in class 9? You just said yourself that its about experience. You haul a$$ out there. Lets level the playing field and change some rules that everyone has to learn from if thats how you feel...

I really have nothing but the best in mind for the class in every rule change I have even dreamed of. Not trying to make a stupid class 9 outlaw like they tried with 16. I want more cars competing every race.

Matty923

Reaction
I have a simple solution to this..... Sign up for the ridgecrest 300! 10 entries so far and I know of two more coming! Should be a good race with a lot of good competition!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

T_Petersen

Reaction
Maybe allow aftermarket parts (I'm pretty sure there are cars already doing this), but I still do not agree with opening up the trans. This would push the class into more of a mechanics class at that point due to the multiple combinations for the different terrains. I would bet that the top teams will have 2-4 different set-ups/trans for the different areas.

Barstow, Lucerne, Ridgecrest, Battle @ Primm, and Jean all have terrain that differ from each other and each one will need a new gear set to be a top contender.

Once the class gets to this point it makes more sense to go spend money on another class.

Unless change will allow the entries to be consistently 20+, I will agree with it, but I want to see more comments from guys that consistently race more then 1 or 2 races per year. These are the guys that put the most into this class.

Last year 42 different cars raced throughout the year in the SNORE/MORE series and only 10 of us raced multiple races with the lowest amount being Jacob Davidson at 3 races.

Psycho 910

Reaction
What the HELL is wrong with you guys not wanting to open the trans up. The main shafts on the 412 and 437 are compleat crap!! If the rules are open then you can run a 388, those r&ps and main shafts last longer. You could go more than just one race on it. How much are you guys paying for your trans work EVERY race? But maybe I should just keep quiet because I dont race 9 anymore, but again thats one of the reasons I dont race because of the god dam cost of trans work every race.

ACME

Reaction
Want to make them cheaper: Open the trans and go back to SP's. I don't remember trannies being a big issue with SP's. 2.0's would also slow them down and level the field :)

NINERACER

Reaction
I'm ok allowing aftermarket parts but , not open the trans. If we open the trans will push the cars harder and what will be next. Get rid of drums,stock arms ,spindles ?

Brian Caudill

Reaction
Ffrank , things kinda got off topic huh? Anyway I make mine out of pine. I wittle them. Na Rancho Performance Transaxle.

Psycho 910

Reaction
I'm ok allowing aftermarket parts but , not open the trans. If we open the trans will push the cars harder and what will be next. Get rid of drums,stock arms ,spindles ?
I dont understand how you are going to be pushing the car harder with a 388. Its the same final drive as a 412. Its just stronger so it last longer.

T_Petersen

Reaction
We make 2 races per trans. Only once have we replaced the R&P in one race and that was a trans we were trying something different. Car Craft of Riverside is the place we go through, but I believe someone from Rancho does the works on it. Less then $450, I believe, including parts parts being replaced and labor. Could be cheaper, haven't looked at the receipts in a while.

Maxwell_99

Reaction
Now imagine one rebuild a year........................................................

Does that make sense?