RIP Art Savedera

CHukkawala

Reaction
Thoughts and prayer go out to the family. It was always great to see him, we would always talk about the next 5-1600 race and how many people we can get together. RIP my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

mrmatt

Reaction
So sad to get this news this morning. Art was an awesome man and I am happy to have known him. Always cared and was always happy. I can't express how grateful I am that my friend and I got a chance to catch up with him at the 500.
My condolences to guy and the famil

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reaction
We don't know how lucky we were to have all his help and support for so long.

RIP, Art.

swiftracing5

Reaction
I remember when my dad and I went to savage to get our old car tagged for the first time. We didn't pass and had to rebuild the whole cage. Fast forward to a year later and sal/savage were out. We went and called Art, he drove all the way from SD to OC. Knocked on the wrong door even though the garage was open with the race car inside haha. He comes walking over, and I can still picture him saying man I love this car. He would say it every time we showed up to a race he was working. He will live on forever in my family.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

lakelaurashawn

Reaction
An icon to the sport, amazing passion for safety and a heart as big as Baja. I will never forget him always validating my helmet certification and checking for a first aid kit at every race! Then he would pose for the picture at every chance!

God Speed

SkullRush

Reaction
A true legend. Always enjoyed running into Art at a race. He always had a smile and a story. He will be greatly missed.

IRONGOOK

Reaction
Art will be truly missed. He was one of the most approachable and nicest people I knew in the off-road community. I will miss our conversations. Fair well and God speed my friend. Guy, your dad was always so proud of you. He would always have something good to say about you whenever we talked.

retroblazer

Reaction
I had the pleasure of working with Art on some rules changes for Class 3, right before the San Felipe race. SF was my first race back with SCORE after a seven year hiatus, so my Blazer needed an inspection. We had some good yucks about exchanging parts for his 5-1600 for tech inspection fees.

The tech role suited him well. A thankless task for most. He did it well. Thanks Art.

Baja Fool

Reaction
I've known Art since high school, played baseball together for many years after. He was passionate about off road racing in a way that was different from most of us. Though I loved riding my dirt bikes, I never saw the sport like Art did. His passion was all consuming. He had his Blazer and was already going to off road races in 70's & 80's. His accident never slowed him down. He'd drop by the house occasionally to say hi and what's up, show me his new truck etc. His life was lived full throttle until the end.
Vaya con dios my friend, until we meet again.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
The world lost a Great Man. Art will be forever missed. RIP Art.

desertlady

Reaction
Art was truly one of the “Good Guys”, and will be missed by old-timers and newbies alike. The CHECKERS OFF-ROAD RACING TEAM thought so much of him that in 2006 we awarded him our perennial VIC VAN ELLA TROPHY. This coveted 30-year-old award is given only to organizations or individuals who “have made a significant contribution to the sport over the years.” The list includes some of the most respected and beloved people in our favorite sport of off-road racing. Art was high up on that list, and that is exactly where he belonged. He was a gentleman first, and then a racer. Or was it the other way around?

Thumbs Up, Old Friend!

Walter “Candy Cane” Prince

CHECKERS OFF-ROAD RACING TEAM

Tundranation

Reaction
First got to know Art back in my MDR days .....heck of a nice guy ..He talked to you like he had known you forever !!! RIP buddy.

twin w racing

Reaction
This year was put first time to ever run the Baja 500 or any kind of desert race. We stayed in a house across from arts house in the same park. We never out two and two together till we heard him tell someone he lives under that water tower. Then we put the name on his wall to his face and we all thought that's cool. I didn't. Know him but when we talked to him. He had a smile on his face and Seemed to live what he was doing. And that is something that very few can say !! Rip

jkhtwin

Reaction
Yes, Art made us all feel special, Guy and your family, please know he will be forever in many peoples hearts, I always looked forward to seeing him at the races, I was one of just a couple of girls racing at the time, and he always made me feel like "one of the guys" he will be forever in our hearts. Prayers to all his family and friends.