Rip james "hollywood" saasta

DUNE DUMMY # 29

We lost a member of the offroading community Father's day morning. James "Hollywood" Saasta died of an acute asthma attack. He was only in his late 40s. He & his dad Bryan raced odysseys then desert superlites. He & his dad also helped Fud @ the desert races & the stadium races @ the IV Expo & Thunder in the mountain series. He was married to marvel & had 3 children. Jordan 25, Micheal 13 & Mirella 10. He had become very active in his church had worked @ his parents gas station since he was a kid. He was always building things. His last projects were making a 2 seater buggie powered by an Arctic Cat snowmobile engine & a teardrop trailer. He was always building something. I know I am really going to miss him. Rest in peace little buddy.

MALABANAN

Sorry to hear about the loss of another off-roader. God Bless. Gutierrez Racing...

BGRANT

I always remember the Saastas being a big part in the Superstition series and a big help to FUD. Way too young for this to happen. Prayers go out to all his family.
God speed!

AllwaysRcn

I always remember the Saastas being a big part in the Superstition series and a big help to FUD. Way too young for this to happen. Prayers go out to all his family.
God speed!
Long time supporter and sponsor in the FUD series. Was always present and helping Fud as well as racing out in Plaster City. Fud would always have a different story (good and/or funny) about Saasta that he would tell at the morning awards ceremony (even better at the year-end awards)

Godspeed.

harleys dad

As a original FRT racer racing the very first race Fud put on, the Saasta name is very familiar and prominent in the imperial valley, very bummed to hear this news. Sad day indeed

Racbaja

I drive by their station everyday and just saw him in his blue ranger truck last week. My god he was my age. Condolences to the entire Shasta Family.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing 557

DUNE DUMMY # 29

I drive by their station everyday and just saw him in his blue ranger truck last week. My god he was my age. Condolences to the entire Shasta Family.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing 557
I am so glad I stopped by the station a week ago to talk to him.

He was always the guy I was trying to beat when I first started racing SuperLites in the FRT desert races and short course races. An amazing family that truly exemplifies what desert racing is all about. He was a great competitor, but an even greater person.

Rest In Peace James

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
god bless on his whole family and thier cousic family, grandma,grandpa i was shock that he pass aways i m so sorry hear it about our team desert assassins will watch james "hollywood" saasta from the heaven

DUNE DUMMY # 29

We visited the family last night & they are hanging in there. They are going to have services this week in El Centro then Bryan will take his ashes to the family plot in San Francisco. I will post the date when I get it.

JAM 1600

We visited the family last night & they are hanging in there. They are going to have services this week in El Centro then Bryan will take his ashes to the family plot in San Francisco. I will post the date when I get it.
MDR would like to dedicate the October Superstition 250 Race to James " Hollywood " Saasta.In honor of James we will have a banner made and we would like to invite all of the drivers to sign this banner before we present it to the family.The presentation will be done at the awards ceremony. We are also going to have the event t-shirt dedicated to him as well so lets show the family some support and come on out to sign the banner and pick-up a shirt ! May he rest in peace !

racinteach

I knew him as well. I met him at my very first off road race way back when..yup racing an oddessy. They did nto get very far that race, but they were taking it in stride. Sad to think he was my age...man thai is scary. Prayers and strength for the family from mine.

dwasser

MDR would like to dedicate the October Superstition 250 Race to James " Hollywood " Saasta.In honor of James we will have a banner made and we would like to invite all of the drivers to sign this banner before we present it to the family.The presentation will be done at the awards ceremony. We are also going to have the event t-shirt dedicated to him as well so lets show the family some support and come on out to sign the banner and pick-up a shirt ! May he rest in peace !
Very Cool

We are very sorry for everyones loss.

maybe a marker should be put up out by Fud?Kinda like the Husky Monument up in Mojave.
Great idea! It's a special place.