RIP Randy Swink

JRod

fast-aid.org
I just saw the news that our RDC/Off-Road Racing familia has lost an OG. Randy S as he was known around here was freakin hilarious, incredibly generous and just an all around salt of the earth good dude. His personality and heart will be missed. I'm sure there are tons of great stories from Randy so let's share them here!

Dirtracer 619

IMG_1904.jpg

Randy's ride Baja 1000 just south of Bay of LA. 2012 he won that one in class 1500 and was my first opportunity to help a race team.
Via Con Dios Randy

Last edited:

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Randy was my Off Road mentor and my dear friend. I did have the chance to say goodbye and letting him know how much I loved him. He was a lovely amazing guy, a man who lived his life on his terms and a man with few regrets but many life lessons. I will miss the SOB, as I am writing this I suddenly realize I won't talk to him again and since we are both atheists , I most likely will never ever see him again...... You touched my life dude! I can picture you telling me : "You dumbell, I am lovely dirt now, who do you think your talking too?".... So to that I say , let me grief pendejo.... I loved you pendejo!

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
WTF is wrong with RDC???? Why does it replaces the word Fu_ck1ng with Lovely??? I am glad Randy is not around to see this "Lovely" censored place is now

dan200

#BSF200
RIP Randy. He was such a great guy. Bailed us out of a bind big one time while we were rerunning in Baja one time. Always ready to lend a hand.
I remember that day. This is a bummer. I really liked him.

He used to say "Dan200 is always right and he never lies" and in spite of the fact that statement is completely untrue, I smiled every time he said it.

Rest in peace my friend.

Havasubud

Never met him in person but had plenty of conversations on here. RIP Randy, you were always friendly.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Loved that guy......he offered me to drive his truck for a section of the sf 250 once, i never made it down for it and found out later he was gonna give me that 40 mile section of woops that didnt agree with his pancreus .....i told him to come up to one of our races in canada and he said it might be a bit of a problem crossing the border....something to do with a pound of coke in 1980. For years he told me i was his favorite person he had never met........ RIP brother

bajafox

Accepted
Loved that guy......he offered me to drive his truck for a section of the sf 250 once, i never made it down for it and found out later he was gonna give me that 40 mile section of woops that didnt agree with his pancreus .....i told him to come up to one of our races in canada and he said it might be a bit of a problem crossing the border....something to do with a pound of coke in 1980. For years he told me i was his favorite person he had never met........ RIP brother
LOL that sounds like him alright. He once went to Amsterdam and stayed there for a few days, then went to Spain and smuggled some weed, when he ran out he flew back to Amsterdam to buy some more then went back to Spain. Randy was one of a kind, I got stories for days from hanging out with him.

Can't believe I'll never be able to randomly show up at his house, walk right in without knocking and roll a fat joint, shoot the isht and talk about the most random subjects. I'll miss him