Rip to the Tip video 2 from the Desert Assassins

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Some were having a hard time finding the Day 2 Rip to the Tip video so I decided to post its own thread. Would be cool if everyone posted their stories on the main thread but still comment here about the video if you want. Just want to keep all the stories on the main thread.

On the front page of RDC the entire story is being chronicled as we get it done.

Thanks to Monster Energy, Lucas Oil, Pro Moto Billet, Alpinestars, Metal Mulisha, Dunlop and VP Race Fuels

Last edited by a moderator:

3G RACING

Reaction
The rip to the tip looks like a blast! I wish I had that much condition!

kenaroo

Reaction
Yeah... look like fun..

but this video shows that it's a PITA to do a large group ride as things always happen to someone.

but once again it's part of the adventure..

This is definitely my type of ride

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Troy is still BUMMED, no passport!
I should get a job with the State Dept. so i could do nothing & get paid.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Very nice video -- good stuff. Just like being there.

So, you guys turned off the Puerticitos road somewhere before Gonzaga Bay (too bad, no Alfonsina's home cookin') and headed over the hills to Catavina?

Hey, I play your video in my garage while sitting on my moto - TV in front of me --- then get off and go drink a Tecate and eat tacos---- I get the same experience you had, almost. Don't for a minute think this ain't dangerous.... I could fall off in my garage and hurt myself..bro! That's why I carry a SPOT Tracker at all times, dude!

BuzzChaser

Reaction
Awesome footage:D that trip looks like more fun then actually racing the 1000 :eek:
Baja 1000 (or even 2000) is way easier. OK, not solo, but you get it.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
Cool video and footage. It looked like a blast. I would love to go on a ride like that.

However, I am with yellowtop, that rocky single track........

And heat exhaustion sucks. I usually drink a gallon the day before a long ride or race, and then a couple gatorades in the morning. And I have a 2 liter camelback. Cant be too carefull in the Dez

motoman29

Reaction
For those who have been on Bill Nichols' Rock Trail, the video does not even begin to describe it.

There are sections where there is no trail. You have to pick your way across a mine field of sharp loose rocks in between cactus.

It was an adventure.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Motoman you have a collarbone broken in 5 places and surgery tomorrow correct?

Wish I could post some more photos but this thing is mad at me

Gonzo 5/1600

Reaction
Awsome footage! Thank you for documenting your adventure to share with everyone. I'd love to experience a ride like that someday...

Ha Ha, don't drive/ride across Bahia Santa Maria at low tide, he's not the first to be in that mess, we've rescued our fair share of vehicles from that muck as it's a hundred yards from our house!:D

tomahawkracefab

Reaction
hydration prob's in the vid? here's my first 'task' at my new job...1/2 gallon water capacity bashplate for a husaberg 450..this is a prototype, the final version has slotted aluminium shrouds inbetween bashplate and radiators to protect coolant hoses....the rules for dakar and aust safari mandate the water to be carried..we also do water/bashplates for KTM and Honda's....I wanna book a plane ticket PAB!...and bring my helmet:cool:

www.forceaccessories.com.au

Attachments