• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ripped off by Dirt Sports mag

I ordered a subscription early in 2009 for 3 years. I was told i would recieve my first issue in 8 to 12 weeks. After 14 weeks i recieved my first issue. I got my 3rd and last issue in oct 09. In early october I ordered a 2 year subscripton for my dad. As mine, my dads first issue also showed up late. After i realized I wasn't getting any of my magizenes I called the subscription number in the front of the magizene several times with no response! I give up! Don't get ripped off like I did! I hope my money made some nice upgrades to the alumacraft. Sucks for them, I was gonna buy some ad space too!

NIKAL

I hate to say it but I renewed my subscription a while back and only received one issue. I called and was then sent the second issue. Since then I have not seen another one, and to be honest I have forgot about it. As they say "Out of sight out of mind". I think when Dirt Sports was sold to the new owners is when these problems have started.

evolkid

I like how I renewed my subscription for 2 a two year term,
got billed for one, and after 2 issues were shipped to my house, I got a letter saying my subscription "was going to end soon, unless I renewed my subscription"
WAJ!!
After that, I've just waited for the copy to come to my work to read it.

ciscokid8

ya same thing here. I would subscribe and get an issue or two. subscribe again and nothing would happen, call in and get one issue. So, be ing the sucker i am i subscrided again and yet again nothing... although i spoke with the new owners at the pamona off road show and they said that is when it was owned my advantastar and now its back in their hands. I look forwardward to my new subscription showing up this time... ya i subscribed again at the off road show...

offroadash

I ordered a 2 year subscription for my dad and the same thing happened. I had to call in for him to get his first magazine after waiting for some time and not receiving it.

Maybe the mail man is stealing it? :p

Seriously though, I've NEVER had any trouble with Dusty Times. I called to change my address and the guy on the phone said i only had one issue left on my subscription but he'll extend it for 3 more issues for me. Mad props to dusty times!

HardCharger81

Same here. I'll get 1 issue, won't see one for 3 months, then get 2 in the mail together along with a letter asking to re-new because it's almost up.

TNT race photo

my last goround was so spoty i told my wife not to renew it, but atleast i got some mags dirt pilot took me for a years $$$ got one issue:mad:no sorry were lame nothing, dusty times ,s&s magazine are ok with me:)

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I had a similar problem when I first subscribed. I contacted Marty through RDC and have never had another problem - It is well worth it as a magazine. I hope you guys continue to give it a chance.

Dave

All you whiny **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** cry babies. Seriously your worried about 20 bucks and a late magazine. C'mon they have doubled there demand every month since its started. There growing and changing and adapting. Why would you not support the only magazine solely dedicated to us, Dusty Times to me is a newspaper and far behind the curve. Marty does more for the Offroad world than any one in this sorry thread.

JPBart

You can't be serious. A business takes your money in exchange for a product. They don't deliver the product and people are supposed to be happy just because we like the guy that owns or used to own it?

hydrokeith

Went to Dusty Times web site and found this on Coming Soon page...Really?

Best In The Desert Vegas To Reno
CORR Short Course Racing
WRC Rally of Finland
WRC Rally of Germany
SCORE At Primm
SCORE Midnight Special
WSORR At Oshkosh
WSORR At Bark River

Hopefully the Dirt Sports subscription I renewed at Pomona Expo will show up. I paid cash and didn't get a receipt!

Marty Fiolka

All,

While we manage to get out 50,000 copies a month between subscriptions and direct distribution, there can be mistakes that are made. WE NEVER want anyone not to get their subscriptions -- ever. This is serious business to us. If you have any questions, please forward me an email via PM or, even more directly, email [email protected] immediately to get this resolved.

Please rememeber that it takes awhile to get subscriptions up and running. Also, we ship the magazine out the last week of the next month. So, in this case, the November issue will arrive by mid-November or so. That's a very diffent method than almost any other other magazine, which is also the reason we can print stories so quickly after they happen.

As for this idea "I hope my money made some nice upgrades to the alumacraft"....that's a negative. All project cars are privately owned and funded, including the Plug N' Play.

Best,
Marty Fiolka
Dirt Sports Magazine

NIKAL

All you whiny **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** cry babies. Seriously your worried about 20 bucks and a late magazine. C'mon they have doubled there demand every month since its started. There growing and changing and adapting. Why would you not support the only magazine solely dedicated to us, Dusty Times to me is a newspaper and far behind the curve. Marty does more for the Offroad world than any one in this sorry thread.
I wish the magazine was just late! I never get them. And the $25 dollars might not be a big deal to you and really its not that big of a deal to me, but I dont like to give my money away and get nothing in return. Once I renewed my subscription to Dirt Sports I have a contract with them. I pay them a specified amount which I did. And in return they send me a monthly product, which they have not done.

You say they have doubled their demand every month? Maybe that it the problem. Maybe since the transfer of ownership from Advance Star to Ryan Communication Group they are not equipped to handle the demand? Who knows but that is not the consumers problem. If you cant support the loyal customers that were with Dirt Sport from the beginning then how do they expect to support this doubled demand they are now seeing?

And you ask why we would not support the only magazine dedicated solely to us? We did and in return we have received nothing, or very little of what we have paid for.