• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ripped off by Dirt Sports mag

charlie_brown

$20 bucks is a lot to some people. maybe not to you. lets take away your job, your bank account, make you rent instead of buying for a year and see how you will value $20 bucks.

All you whiny **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** cry babies. Seriously your worried about 20 bucks and a late magazine. C'mon they have doubled there demand every month since its started. There growing and changing and adapting. Why would you not support the only magazine solely dedicated to us, Dusty Times to me is a newspaper and far behind the curve. Marty does more for the Offroad world than any one in this sorry thread.

Wendell #527

All you whiny **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** cry babies. Seriously your worried about 20 bucks and a late magazine. C'mon they have doubled there demand every month since its started. There growing and changing and adapting. Why would you not support the only magazine solely dedicated to us, Dusty Times to me is a newspaper and far behind the curve. Marty does more for the Offroad world than any one in this sorry thread.
That's a pretty good post. It's funny an all, but you do have a point about us being benches. I can see both sides to this one now. It looks like Marty really wants to fix the problem, so maybe this thread was a good one after all!

hydrokeith

I received a personalized PM from Mari Provenzano, VP Ryan Communications Group / Dirt Sports Magazine today. "I would like to help in any way that I can to resolve your concern about receiving your magazines, and would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly..."
Props to Ryan Communications/Dirt Sports for quick action on their part. Hopefully they will address all subscription concerns and we can get back to enjoying every issue of Dirt Sports!

TNT race photo

All you whiny **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
Late, it wasnt there, and no one is pointing fingers at marty.....
I received a personalized PM from Mari Provenzano, VP Ryan Communications Group / Dirt Sports Magazine today. "I would like to help in any way that I can to resolve your concern about receiving your magazines, and would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly..."
Props to Ryan Communications/Dirt Sports for quick action on their part. Hopefully they will address all subscription concerns and we can get back to enjoying every issue of Dirt Sports!
x2 Thanks Mari, and thank you marty no hard feelings, things happen, I thought for sure it was the postman:confused:

ktundra

"$20 bucks is a lot to some people. maybe not to you. lets take away your job, your bank account, make you rent instead of buying for a year and see how you will value $20 bucks."

If $20 is alot to you, than re-evaluate your purchasing priorties and needs vs wants. All I'm originally saying is that instead of just flaming off on them and being dramatic about it all try calling them and/or emailing them. Be patient too. There relatively new and under going a huge transformation. Martys personal reply sums it all up.

ktundra

"I hope my money made some nice upgrades to the alumacraft"

Truly shows ignorance. Yes, I know your $20 bill was greener and newer than mine so it went further.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
KTundra, if $20 isn't a big deal to you, I can sure use a few twenty dollar bills. My baby girl is growing FAST, and she needs some new clothes. Will you send me a few twentys? Or now do you value your twentys? They would be going to better use than a magazine subscription I pormise you....

You can PM me for my address!

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Doesn't CA have enough "entitlement" programs?......lol
And yes We did donate after the incident.
Ah, so it seems now you're twentys matter eh??? When other people talk about their twentys, you are qwick to put them down, yet when you're called out, yours matter.

You must be a liberal.

ktundra

How the heck is calling out entitlement programs a liberal view? Your the one asking for money? Thats liberal! We donated to help a real cause/issue. Far from a liberal honey.
I was merely making a stab a CA for all the freebies offered there. Sorry if you did not see my sarcasm.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
How the heck is calling out entitlement programs a liberal view? Your the one asking for money? Thats liberal! We donated to help a real cause/issue. Far from a liberal honey.
I was merely making a stab a CA for all the freebies offered there. Sorry if you did not see my sarcasm.
No dipshiat, you were the one telling people their twentys didn't matter when they had a legitamate concern. I don't really need to money, I just wanted to see how you'd react when I asked you to give some twentys away...all of a sudden, twentys matter to you. So, why isn't it valid that other peoples twentys matter???? And saying that other peoples money doesn't matter, but yours does, is a lib view.

Sorry if you missed my point/sarcasm.

(and yes, CA is full of pu$$ies who stick their hands out for everything, but I'm not one of them)

ktundra

Oh boy. You made reference to FAST. That is a legitamate donation. I thougth you were non chalantly saying to donate more to FAST. Your talking about feeding kids etc. "20's" matter to everyone and no I'm not made of them. However when it comes to a magazine sub its not that big of a deal it kinda of blows yes but no where did I say that. I just said in reality its 20 bucks and life goes on and not to sweat the small stuff. So relax, good hell, and we can agree to disagree.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Oh no no no no!! I said "my baby girl is growing FAST" (and the reason I mentioned that is because today i get to stay home with her, no work in the rain, and I was trying an outfit on her and it's too small)

Oh well, it is what it is. DirtSports is by far the best off road mag out there, and when people pay for a service and they don't get it, well, that matters!! When you said people were being whiney (whatever you said next) is what was off color, if you ask me.

Oh well, it is what it is. I'm glad Marty chimed in and is personally willing to step up to the plate and tae care of the problems!!!

ktundra

I agree with it being the superior mag. And Marty stepping up is way cool. I just hate seeing anything in the off road world being bagged on even if it has some merit in someone elses eyes or not. They are a great source and the (new center story) is very touching.
Its still my opinion that people are whining about little stuff and if its "off color" forgive me for not being PC about mundane topics. I do not reside in CA.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
I agree with it being the superior mag. And Marty stepping up is way cool. I just hate seeing anything in the off road world being bagged on even if it has some merit in someone elses eyes or not. They are a great source and the (new center story) is very touching.
Its still my opinion that people are whining about little stuff and if its "off color" forgive me for not being PC about mundane topics. I do not reside in CA.
But it's more like "constructive criticism" if you ask me...And those who have been contacted about their problems would probly concur. WE ARE a tight knit community, and if one of us is slippin, we call it out and offer a hand to those that are slippin.

JPBart

You have to wonder if maybe Ktundra has some involvement in the whole fiasco. Your entire posting life has been trying to defend something that makes no sense. I think we can all agree that Dirtsports is the best magazine for our sport. People subscribed to it because they want to read every issue. Something goes haywire and lots of people aren't getting their paid for subscriptions. So not only are they out $20 they aren't getting to read every issue of the best off-road racing magazine out there. Many people who posted had tried to contact Dirtsports but nothing changed. Your solution to the problem is for them to stfu about it?

I guess us liberal Californians shouldn't be spending our welfare checks on Magazines anyways. Pretty lame way to introduce yourself to the community.

ktundra

Nope. Just defending something and someone I beleive in. I never brought politics into it either.
Well what you spend your "check" on is your choice. Thank you though.

ktundra

I did suggest calls, emails and patience as well. Never to "stfu"and as people are starting to post the problems are being handled one by one.

Marty Fiolka

Good evening to all,

Since one of you in RDC land sent me a private email about this thread (and situation), I know that our office has been in hyper-drive to try and flush out the problems some of you are experiencing. The issue of you not getting product is serious to us, especially when we know how much the magazine arriving in the mailbox means to some of you. While a $20.00 yearly subscription bearly covers printing and mailing of 12 issues a year, we don't take anyones investment in time, support, interest or money for granted.

Thanks for the kind words, support and also patience for allowing us to address your issues one by one. If it helps make our product better for everyone, then this thread is a blessing.

Best,
Marty