• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ripped off by Dirt Sports mag

NIKAL

Well good news! I went to the mail box and found my October issue in there. I'm sure this thread had nothing to do with it as I assume it was mailed days ago. But I figured since I have been one of several complaining that I have not been getting my issues, It's only fair that I post that I receive one too.

Also today I got an e-mail back from Dirt Sports today and they said they were looking into my account.

95f150

If I'm going to give my 20 bucks to someone, I want it to go to a good cause such as my homeless buddy that lives over by Cycle Parts West in Stanton, Ca. He needs money for the hookers over in the Garden Grove Inn, and also some money for beer and other stuff to blow the money on. He is a nice guy though. Anyone else here like Taqueria in Westminster? Don't eat there. Me and my dad had food poisoning and could not eat anything. So we started drinking Ensure chocolate drinks, the kind for old people. And oh boy did it smell like it when it came from either end. I have now chosen a new establishment to eat at on the go, Rubios on Katella and Knott, right in front of Pet City and Shoe City. Get the Big Burrito Especial with steak, and the Fish taco Especial on flour. It truly is a good meal. Soooooo anyone else going riding for thanksgiving? I just put in my time off for the whole week!

off-road

If Advanstar aren't involved anymore how come they are listed as the reciever of my subscription payment on my credit card statement from the 11th of this month?

JPBart

As always Marty, you are a class act. Well said and thanks for the pro response. I was under the impression you might not be involved with the mag any more. Glad to see I was wrong.

Andy Jones

i paid for a two year subscription and only received one magazine. and that was after my first year of getting them every month. so I gave up on DirtSports almost a year ago. even after i got a, oh im sorry for the inconvenience pm from Marty. WAJ!! after that i made sure my friends and family stopped subscribing. i rather go to the store and pick up an off-road mag. at least that way i know whats still going on in the off road world!

Baldy_877x

I sent an e-mail to Mari on tuesday afternoon. Still no responce back yet. Found my 13th issue of Dusty Times in my mail box yesterday.

mawtrophykart

I had a subscription til That DOUCHEBAG Mary Fiucka printed an article about me at a race in San Diego that I was'nt even at. Good job screwing the racers over on a daily basis Mary! Dusty Times has been there since day one and will always be the premier mag of this sport. As for Mary Fiucka, watch out for this Snake! Bad doing business w this guy.

Marty Fiolka

I had a subscription til That DOUCHEBAG Mary Fiucka printed an article about me at a race in San Diego that I was'nt even at. Good job screwing the racers over on a daily basis Mary! Dusty Times has been there since day one and will always be the premier mag of this sport. As for Mary Fiucka, watch out for this Snake! Bad doing business w this guy.
Hey Dave Caspino...nice to see you back on RDC doing what you do best.

I don't really understand your inherent need to try and throw around all this hatred in an open public forum. The last time you did this to me I sent you emails etc. questioning just what I actually did to you in order to try figure it all out. I have no idea what you are so angry about, and offered to offer up an apology on line and in the magazine if I did some thing wrong. At that time, we explained it had something to do with San Diego/Chula Vista. It was a time that I wasn't working for Advanstar and didn't run the magazine at all -- just provided contributing stories. In fact, I went back and found this:

http://www.off-road.com/competition/race/scorecorr-driver-childress-responds-to-internet-hype-27974.html

For the last time, it was written by someone else when the magazine was run by someone else. I will always stand behind our product but you are pointing fingers in the wrong place.

As for "screwing racers over on a daily basis" .... whatever. I have never "done business" with you so again, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. But, enough wasting time with this topic-- we have 50,000 other readers (and racers) to take care of.

If your going to post this kind of thing, at least get my name spelled correctly.

Thanks, MARTY FIOLKA

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
I paid for 24 month sub. Never missed a issue they kept comming for three years before they stopped comming i thought they shut things down,its a great mag i really miss it.after all this bad press i'm afraid to order.

Andy Jones

I just recently got a Private Message regarding my lost issues and mixed up address. hopefully good comes out of this.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Oh boy. You made reference to FAST. That is a legitamate donation. I thougth you were non chalantly saying to donate more to FAST. Your talking about feeding kids etc. "20's" matter to everyone and no I'm not made of them. However when it comes to a magazine sub its not that big of a deal it kinda of blows yes but no where did I say that. I just said in reality its 20 bucks and life goes on and not to sweat the small stuff. So relax, good hell, and we can agree to disagree.
you are right $20.00 isn`t that much but look how many people are out their $20.00 and that adds up.

troyharper

DA Meatball
I still recieve my script EVERY month.
Great Mag!
Thanks Marty!

Roice

Marty, I have not gotten mine on a regular basis. I still get the mag off and on. I also did not get a renewal letter and thought the subscription was expired but I just got a new mag last week. In no way am I upset or mad I just want to figure it out. YES I have called and tried to get it fixed but it hasnt been worked out. I am lucky enought to be so busy at work I barely have time to sleep that is the reason I have not got it fixed yet.

Thank you in advance for the help.

M_Solms

I gave up on the subscription and switched to getting it on Zinio and that works out good.
Can't read it in the bathroom unless you have a laptop but you get it every month.

tkr

I don't think I've ever missed an issue and I've enjoyed every one. On the other hand I wouldn't wipe my ass with the Dusty Rag

Wendell #527

I gave up on the subscription and switched to getting it on Zinio and that works out good.
Can't read it in the bathroom unless you have a laptop but you get it every month.
Mark you might be onto something. We could take our laptops into the bathroom with us. Wait. My wife will assume the worst and she will not believe I was just looking at "racing stuff". Just messing with you, Mark---have a good one and keep taking the good shots!

mitbroracing

I just stumbled across this thread, and was shocked that my friend and i weren't the only ones to have this happen to us. I guess it wasn't just coincidence after all. Probably about 6-8 months ago we were talking about racing when he told me that he just stopped getting his issue's. I told him jokingly that maybe his mailman is a fan of off road. Within a couple of months i stopped getting mine. We were both getting close to the end of our sub and just chalked it up as a loss. Neither of us has re-subscribed.