MI-FL Offroader

RDC Crypto
Thank you Jason and everyone's knowledge of the history. Love the lineage of this truck and the sport in general. It's difficult for an east coaster to learn all these stories. Very Cool Stuff.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
RIVERIA_JASONSTILGEBOUER_RACEDEZERT-8756.jpg

RIVERIA_JASONSTILGEBOUER_RACEDEZERT-8754.jpg

RIVERIA_JASONSTILGEBOUER_RACEDEZERT-8718.jpg
RIVERIA_JASONSTILGEBOUER_RACEDEZERT-8745.jpg

RIVERIA_JASONSTILGEBOUER_RACEDEZERT-8752.jpg

Advertising supports this site

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
From Clay Dean, the designer of the 96' body.. "In my files I still have the initial drawings done for this truck and a TON of photos from the first race at Parker when it debuted with the new ‘96 body. Quite a race that day. And a few images at Barstow with the Fireworks scheme too. Not many knew it but there was a bit of exploration to do an Expedition body on that truck for ‘97 at Ford’s request. Only advanced as far as a few drawings"

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
From Clay Dean, the designer of the 96' body.. "In my files I still have the initial drawings done for this truck and a TON of photos from the first race at Parker when it debuted with the new ‘96 body. Quite a race that day. And a few images at Barstow with the Fireworks scheme too. Not many knew it but there was a bit of exploration to do an Expedition body on that truck for ‘97 at Ford’s request. Only advanced as far as a few drawings"
271608926_1077307723034640_3811479423835400538_n.jpeg

271496455_621792222479849_8501059332771340807_n.jpeg

You can see the stars and stripes Valvoline livery and photos from 1996 of Robby Gordon's Trophy Truck. All courtesy of Designer Clay Dean.

that BMX dude

RDC Crypto
I remember the 2007 Primm 300 near Knight Ranch Road, Rob came in on the last lap -- ON FIRE! He was doing his patented:

"I drive slow enough to WIN"

I.e., taking a conservative approach early, getting splits from team, & going for it at last lap

The drivers before RobMac were Jerry Welchel & Curt Leduc. I remember seeing Jerry & TT #3 at Ojos Negros (2003 Baja 1000?), Jerry was driving the Semi taking the broken TT#3 back to Ensenada. He asked me if I got some good pics. Previously, I ran into Mark Post (& his Dad?) at a pit off Hwy 3

Dad: Jerry's stuck (at Mikes')
Mark: That's easy to do
[ while eating a sandwich ]

Jerry had a DUI, so that's when Curt took over, 2005? I remember seeing Curt at end of SCORE '05 Pri 300, he was checking out the printed results:

"I had a bad day!"

RobMac was driving for Vildosola Racing in 2005 (SCORE & BITD), with Nye Frank on the team. Vildosola Racing was tapping into the "braintrust & racecraft:

RobMac (driver) & Nye Frank (builder)

Once RobMac got in as driver (2007?), the TT #3 "came alive" -- Driver is IMPORTANT!

Driving is a mental game, not just physical. See pic, quote by Olympic cyclist Alexei Grewal. Found at a Specialized bike shop in OC (Orange County)
Truck doesn’t make the driver, Driver makes the truck.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
96 Parker we were allowed to hike up across the desert to the course, there was a good sized crowd up there and when RG came through in this truck it took a funny hop and exploded a spectators ice chest and mesquite bush as people dove out of the way. I think that was also the debut race for the Nye Frank air spring low rider that Rob Mac raced. Good times.

IMHO the Riviera #3 was the greatest whoop eater in the sport for a couple decades. And she can still get with the program. Greatest Trophy Truck ever built. Period.
Not the fastest anymore but hey its 30 frikin years old!!! And the drivers have now been around the track a few times, not doing bad for senior citizens. Thanks for the photos and stories.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
96 Parker we were allowed to hike up across the desert to the course, there was a good sized crowd up there and when RG came through in this truck it took a funny hop and exploded a spectators ice chest and mesquite bush as people dove out of the way.
I remember being at the finish line trailer, (at the top of the slope above the wash). A quad rider came in hot, apparently saw some cameras, and wanted to be famous. He blipped the throttle when he should have been on the brakes; landing on their lunch table and sending potato salad everywhere. The timing guy, understandably pi$$ed off, told him "your clock doesn't stop until you retrieve every bit of my wife's salad". Good Times indeed!

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
According to me, if I had invested in bitcoin like I was told to I'd be rich.
micro soft, Qualcomm, home depot new employees stock options, Bit coin too, got a bunch more....the 3 is the infamous Glamis Thanksgiving jump fest truck, (valvoline)😍right?