RMRs' new car

billy evans

Reaction
For those that caught the drawings and the progress so far on social media. And just the concept itself. What do you guys think about Rhys Millens new car they are building ? I think it will be really cool and different. Seems like there is a little bit of rally in the design along with some of the parts they are choosing. Looking forward to seeing what they can do with it.

dislocated1

Reaction
It's a mid engine ecoboost car, AWD, looks like a really big UTV. Will be cool to see all done

dislocated1

Reaction
Already exists.... it is a purpose built 6200 for bitd

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
If that car works like it's designed to it will be a game changer no doubt in my mind. Im a little bit worried but mostly excited to have some competition join us. 6200 SHOULD be a bad ass class. No idea why someone would build a new 10 (or low budget class 1) car when 6200 is available.

also, this is going to piss alot of people off, but we a much faster then SpecTT in 90% of race course

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
No idea why someone would build a new 10 (or low budget class 1) car when 6200 is available.

I still can't figure out why we needed another buggy class. Lets see unlimited suspension but spec motor - sure seems like a class 10. If you wanted to run a V8 go run a class 1 car. Stupid.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
I still can't figure out why we needed another buggy class. Lets see unlimited suspension but spec motor - sure seems like a class 10. If you wanted to run a V8 go run a class 1 car. Stupid.
if you don't have the budget

I'm not at all an advocate of making more classes, but I can see why.
for 1 I think its pretty obvious that a competitive class 10 budget vs a competitive class 1 budget is significant. However a 6200 budget is just slightly more $$ then class 10 but your getting double to 3 times the power (depending on what motor package).
and then at the same time 6200 are significantly cheaper then spec trucks, with the same power minus a poop tone of lbs.
everyone always hates on New classes, but Technology is advancing so our sport will too. unfortunately classes will die. No one likes what happened to 8's, but what are you going to do stop advancement?

A New guy coming in to racing wants to go fast but dosn't have a 100k a year budget it's a GREAT option. Don't be a hater because it hurts your personal class.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction

This hurts. I never thought I’d see Travis be so exclusionary, building walls and all.
My dreams are shattered.

;)

MikeAdams

Reaction
I

I agree. A new class sucks. But does class 10 allow 4wd? If it does would immediately kill all current cars if it holds together.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction

This hurts. I never thought I’d see Travis be so exclusionary, building walls and all.

bajataxi

Reaction
if you don't have the budget

I'm not at all an advocate of making more classes, but I can see why.
for 1 I think its pretty obvious that a competitive class 10 budget vs a competitive class 1 budget is significant. However a 6200 budget is just slightly more $$ then class 10 but your getting double to 3 times the power (depending on what motor package).
and then at the same time 6200 are significantly cheaper then spec trucks, with the same power minus a **** tone of lbs.
everyone always hates on New classes, but Technology is advancing so our sport will too. unfortunately classes will die. No one likes what happened to 8's, but what are you going to do stop advancement?

A New guy coming in to racing wants to go fast but dosn't have a 100k a year budget it's a GREAT option. Don't be a hater because it hurts your personal class.
So you wouldn’t be hurt if everyone decided this class isn’t going to fit their needs and decided to make a new class that your car cannot run in. Standardization is the key to lower cost in racing. If you keep creating new classes there is no production runs of parts only one off raising the cost of racing.

y2kbaja

Reaction
What's a 6200?