Road trip

J_Dog

Reaction
I will be in Temecula, CA for a two week training course from 06/02/02 - 06/14/02. I was wondering if there was any race shops close by or race related events going on in the surrounding area while I'm there. I'm from Nor Cal, so I don't know much about what's in that area. Thanks.

Jeff

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Actually the United Prerunner Jumping Championships will be on June 8th, they are about an hour away from there in Rialto. We will be passing there on the way up I am not sure if we will have any room but I can let you know if you want to go.

Go Big Or Go Home

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I'm sorry to hear your coming to temecula. I live here and there is not much around here in the form of off roading. everything related to the dirt is atleast 30 mins from here we have local shops that do do alittle but not anything that isworth holding your breath for. H&M motorsports is like 45 mins south in san marcos Baja COncepts is like 20 min south in fallbrook. In temecula we have RAW motorsports but you better have $ if you want them to do anything for ya. All the fun spots to go rompin are now either housing tracks or house pads so theres not to much here. We have wineries and a little tourist area " downtown " but besides that theres not much. I'd say write me an e-mail when ya get here and we could go get a beer or somethin but im not quite 21 yet. But if ya do bring your truck or somethin e-mail me and im sure we could go playin somewhere.

martininsocal

Reaction
j(law)dogg- you should be there during the "wine and baloon"festival. very upper crust for a bunch of folks who used to race tractors in the mud for excitement! my fire station is about 20 minutes from there and there is not much in the way of race shops down there, but hotrods are still in. give me an email when you get close, i will be working thursday-saturday and can give you some hints on things to do.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

J_Dog

Reaction
I had heard about the Wine & Balloon festival and it is when we are there. Might check it out for the wine. I'm not too into that crowd though, they're too stuffy and pompous for me and I probably don't have enough "Grey Poupon" (ha ha). I' try and e-mail you guys when I get there. I'm not taking a computer, but I think my partner is bringing one. Thanks.

Jeff

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I have lived he for like 8 years and never went to the balloon & wine festival i didnt even know it was going on. Its at Lake Skinner i believe which is about 20 mins form "downtown" out in the hills.

Martin what fire station do you work at? a buddy of mine is at he Canyon Lake fire station hes a volunteer but he hopefully will get a job eventually.

Also, here in temecula there is a lot of proformance shops. damon jefferies ( Spelling? ) has alot of the local speed shops as his sponsers.

martininsocal

Reaction
s10(sorry for that)- i am a captain at the station in sage near East Benton Road and Sage Rd. in the Glen Oaks/ Rancho Cal area. I used to work in Canyon Lake years ago(about 10). talk about stuffy people! and j dog- the folks in Temecula have nothing to be snooty about, they just this year stopped their annual tractor mud bog races. The Baloon and Wine festival is their attempt to try and develop a wine industry here, used to be just a baloon festival! now that folks are trying to increase their property values, they are putting grapes in the ground and claiming they are better than Italy! Now if they could just figure out which grapes will grow out here and not shrivel up in the summers! and j dog- just so you know, the locals who have lived around here for a while call it Trafficula, not Temecula(hint hint) I'll be waiting for the email.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG