ROADWARRIORS on SPIKE...what did you think?!?

Broncodawg

Reaction
Just what I expected from a Langley production, only the best presentation of the heart and soul of desert racing since perhaps D2G!!
Shows how only a crew with the intimate knowledge of how it all goes down can bring it to TV! Viva Road Warrior and baja!
What an awesome lifetime reminder of your first 1K win Dan, and there'll be more with a team like Cops!

_DFR_

Copycat
Reaction
"it was boring to watch. A bit more comentary would be nice to let the viewers know what was going on. Clips from different races makes no sense! it was all over the place! if you are going to "follow" certain race teams...then follow them thru just one race! everyone likes a race/competition. Look at all these reality shows!" - anonymous

YFZBOB

Reaction
I would like to see Car Build to Finish Line show with just one team. Maybe a side by side comparison Multimillion Dollar backed team, versus your Under-Dawg Weekend Warrior Team. \m/

if you are going to "follow" certain race teams...then follow them thru just one race! everyone likes a race/competition. Look at all these reality shows!" - anonymous

...I hope someone called Spike TV, and let them know we were SHORT CHANGED by 30 minutes on our DVR's. BTW, "Road Warriors replay request" sent to Spike

Last edited:

DesertGuy1

Reaction
I would like to see Car Build to Finish Line show with just one team. Maybe a side by side comparison Multimillion Dollar backed team, versus your Under-Dawg Weekend Warrior Team.

Ultimately, that is where all of these types of shows fail, they appeal to only those that have an initial interest, rather than allow others (away from the hobby) to "see" themselves doing similar. A "storyline" more appealing to the general public would be to take two teams... one fairly polished/outfitted and one being a "group of friends"... both in the same class. Follow their efforts and the rivalries as each team sees it. If the storyline allows, show both getting to the finish... hopefully. After all, isn't that what SCORE always professes, that anyone can put on their big boy pants and compete against the "players of the sport" and let the desert decide?

bajabird

Reaction
I would like to see Car Build to Finish Line show with just one team. Maybe a side by side comparison Multimillion Dollar backed team, versus your Under-Dawg Weekend Warrior Team. \m/
...I hope someone called Spike TV, and let them know we were SHORT CHANGED by 30 minutes on our DVR's. BTW, "Road Warriors replay request" sent to Spike

I'se seen a couple of this type of flick, and have enjoyed them as bad as they were. One involved a toyota FJ, they did two different shows, both aired many times. One involved the 1000, the little guy with a very little budget, the other team full on spare FJ in parts. They did the baja 1000 and didnt finish, then did the Taupo australia race. Good TV. The other film I can't remember fully involved a truck class, and had film in their garage, going from build to race. Loved it.

DeCampRacing

Reaction
Best offroad production for tv viewing I have ever seen, Langley definitely knows how to produce! NBC coverage is always a dissapointment. Would be cool to follow two teams through an entire SCORE season and maybe 2 episodes per race with a 2-hour Baja 1000 season finale. If they can do it on a fishing boat, why not the desert?

Best parts of the show;
In-car banter
actually hearing the vehicles run
spotlighting personalities

Two Thumbs Up!

TKowns

Reaction
the show was great, i enjoyed watching it but my tv recorder screwed up and only got the first 30minutes. put it on TV again so I can watch the whole show or is there another place i can watch the full episode?

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
I'm glad I was watching it live so I did miss the show!

You guys did an awesome job! Best coverage I've seen in a long time. Hopefully the next one you guys do will be a peninsula run! That's the one thing I think D2G was missing. Absolutely nothing like visually showing a map of Baja to the average viewer and letting them get a perspective of what the drivers have to contend with.

If I had to criticize one thing about the show (being anal) would be the mixed footage of baja and I believe Laughlin (when Pete pulled in to oil up). As much as I hate hearing BJ Baldwin rant about his awesomeness and greatness but I think it's important to keep that in the video because it establishes the personalities of the drivers. Maybe you could of shown a little more of Pistola, he's a character and a half. When AGM slammed into the back of PAB'S truck for example gave the viewer a desire to see him even the score. At least that's how I felt.

5 out of 5 stars !!!\m/

MyBajaPhoto

Reaction
The show should be re-broadcast just because the programming on all cable providers messed up the duration.

I recorded it and was cut-off 30 mins in. I don't want the DVD because I would rather see it in High Def. Let's hope that this thread proves that many of us were not able to enjoy the entire show.

Now for the good part. This was without a doubt the best Baja 1000 show I have ever seen. It shows just how "on the edge" this sport is. I am crossing my fingers that this is just the first of many Langley produced off-road shows. Congratulations!

JMS

Reaction
AWESOME SHOW! PLEASE DO MANY MANY MORE!

Been racing almost 20 years and I can honestly say that was the best desert racing coverage I have ever seen!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
It was an absolutely great show. Wow...great TV. Props to John Langley and co.

Feedback...you need the Callaway crew on the team as they spanked in Class 4/10 after needing to completely rebuild an ill-prepped car. Joe Taylor = male reproductive organ. I have met him, heard of him etc...and he needs to go away!

Langley productions needs to get a ABC/ESPN/Speed contract to do ALL of the BITD and SCORE races...it was that good! Thanks JL

lovestrucks

Reaction
I thought it was pretty good...only thing that confused me was what time is was actually on...I thought it was 8 for the west but on my channels in north OC (45 reg or 496 HD) it was at 11..no biggy though

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
After reading some of the posts here.. I think some good points have been made here.... two in particular:
1. it would be great to present a peninsula run, even though it is a much more laborious project. Ensenada -to- LaPaz... that is where it is really at!
2. do a show that focuses on two classes in each episode.... even down to the Class 11s and Class 9s.

VIVA BAJA VIVA LANGLEY PRODUCTIONS

charlie_brown

Reaction
After reading some of the posts here.. I think some good points have been made here.... two in particular:
1. it would be great to present a peninsula run, even though it is a much more laborious project. Ensenada -to- LaPaz... that is where it is really at!
2. do a show that focuses on two classes in each episode.... even down to the Class 11s and Class 9s.

VIVA BAJA VIVA LANGLEY PRODUCTIONS

nah, don’t do that the gen people wont get in to it. use a formant that has worked. do something like deadliest catch/American hot rod type of mix. follow them in the shop prepping/strategizing and then prerun, then race. follow mainly 3 or four teams only. the same teams every show. American hot rod worked, deadliest catch worked. combine them. i know everyone wants to be on tv but as much as it hurts to hear this, no body else out there in TV land does not care. they want to identify and relate, build a repore with the persons on the show. for us "hard core" folks, we need to buy the DVD.

oh and Langley productions can PM me for my contact info to send me my royalty checks to. (hahaa)

Rough_Rider_Racing

Reaction
Im just shattered that we cant get Spike in Australia!!!! We get some of the Spike shows but not on that station. Is there anywhere on the net i could catch the epps of the show?

4x4nutz

Reaction
This is the conclusion I've come to: Road Warriors.......AWESOME!!!!!!!........Direct TV......SUCKS!!!!!!!!