Rob MacCachren-Unstoppable?

D

Dan McMillin

After looking at the Pro 2 results AND Super Buggy results from Pomona, and looking at the support that Menzies is giving Rob for this year, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe Rob will be unstoppable all year in Pro 2 and obviously Super Buggy. And yeah, I know who is racing Pro-2 this year, and yeah I know its racing and anything can happen. But....its Rob MacCachren.

Comments? Concerns?

desertbull

Reaction
The Mac Attack of 2008!

Now returning to your regularly scheduled programming... :)

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
The guy is unbelievable and THE MAN to beat. His best lap time in Sunday's SuperBuggy main was faster than 14 Pro-2 best lap times. And his best Pro-2 lap time was faster than 7 Pro-4's!

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
also Rob's teammate Bryan Freeman winning both single buggy races in his debut race in CORR....

sorry for the hijack... now back on thread....
and BTW yes Rob dominated the field...now only have to wait when his Pro-4 will be ready.

DW_810_Stock

Reaction
They need to invert at least the top 6 or 8 qualifiers so we can watch Rob do some passing instead of just running away. ;)

MMS

Reaction
After looking at the Pro 2 results AND Super Buggy results from Pomona, and looking at the support that Menzies is giving Rob for this year, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe Rob will be unstoppable all year in Pro 2 and obviously Super Buggy. And yeah, I know who is racing Pro-2 this year, and yeah I know its racing and anything can happen. But....its Rob MacCachren.

Comments? Concerns?
just wait --a new sheriff is coming to pro 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

tre5

Reaction
Hopefully it is the Rob & Jerry show in pro2.

ZIP TIE

Reaction
I think it is good to have someone to go out and try to beat, it sets the bar and maybe in the next few races people will figure out a way to get him. until then rob is the man, goes to show if someone beats him they know what they are doing. time will tell. GREAT JOB ROB!

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction

Comments? Concerns?
Were you at the races or are just looking at Computer screens ?

Yes, Rob is bad to the bone !
Can't speak to Pro-2 , but we got something for him in Pro Buggy.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction

Comments? Concerns?
Wow Dan you really went out on a limb there :)

DailyPedal

Reaction
Were you at the races or are just looking at Computer screens ?

Yes, Rob is bad to the bone !
Can't speak to Pro-2 , but we got something for him in Pro Buggy.
Yeah, you should have seen the p/od look on Greg's face after finishing second. After all of these years out of the race seat, the fire is still burning...Greg is on a mission. Great job and so glad to have you back in the saddle...

ffrank

Reaction
Yes, I think Rob is stopable..... but Brian Freeman drives a single buggy

handmethemic

Reaction
Four wins in a weekend is pretty fantastic.

However a rolling start without an inversion doesn't really present much of a challenge.

Scott Douglas had a weekend at Crandon (Labor Day Weekend '06) where he won both Pro-4 races, took a second and a third in the two Pro-2 races and won the Borg Warner Cup. Mind you, that's with a land rush start, an inversion, and in the Borg Warner the eight fastest two wheel drive trucks got a head start--he had to pass a substantial amount of people to finish where he did.

I don't aim to take anything away from Rob Mac here, that's a perfect weekend of racing, among more than one class--as far as I know that hasn't been done since Dan Baudoux used to sweep all three buggy classes back in the day.