Rob MacCachren-Unstoppable?

hoeker

Four wins in a weekend is pretty fantastic.

However a rolling start without an inversion doesn't really present much of a challenge.

QUOTE]

it is and always has been very easy to win from the front in short course off road racing, hence the need for an inversion. i've won several races from front row starts against guys that were better drivers and in faster trucks. clean air is EVERYTHING, corr needs to go back to the 8 truck inversion.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
rob mac is an amazing driver, everyone knows that. he has a serious chance to win both championships this year. he definitely will be given a run for his money and some competition in each class though. here are the guys i'm routing for to compete with rob. i think they stand a chance.

pro 2 = whelchel
pro-buggy = greg george and aaron hawley

Matt Kross

Rob qualified 1st and lead every lap of every race he ran. NO ONE IS IN HIS CLASS YET. Greg George is on to something and he maybe the only one who will put up a fight. I have raced againt Rob and he is fast and a gentleman on the track.

pdailey

Racer
Rob qualified 1st and lead every lap of every race he ran. NO ONE IS IN HIS CLASS YET. Greg George is on to something and he maybe the only one who will put up a fight. I have raced againt Rob and he is fast and a gentleman on the track.
Invert the field like Ross said, and then a race will break out. I think Rob is one of the most talented out there, but it makes it really easy when you start up front. Especially at that track where it seemed impossible to pass people. I say do the inversion, but don't say how many cars you are going to invert so we can eliminate the sand-baggers in qualifying.

Chris Tobin

Invert the field like Ross said, and then a race will break out. I think Rob is one of the most talented out there, but it makes it really easy when you start up front. Especially at that track where it seemed impossible to pass people. I say do the inversion, but don't say how many cars you are going to invert so we can eliminate the sand-baggers in qualifying.
Random inversion with NO competition caution would be good as long as the races are long enough for the good drivers to get to the front.:eek:

TCPRacing

Everyone complains about the races being boring, someone running away off the front. Then the complain about the competition yellow. How far off the front do you think Rob MacCachrin would have been last week if not for a competition yellow?
Contrary to what some of you believe, Baldwin knows alot about what makes good racing, and the competition yellow makes sure that even the most boring race (if there is such a thing) has two laps of close racing.
Besides, I always enjoy the opportunity to catch my breath and tighten my seat belts.
I love competition yellow.

Pro lite #21

Combo

After looking at the Pro 2 results AND Super Buggy results from Pomona, and looking at the support that Menzies is giving Rob for this year, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe Rob will be unstoppable all year in Pro 2 and obviously Super Buggy. And yeah, I know who is racing Pro-2 this year, and yeah I know its racing and anything can happen. But....its Rob MacCachren.

Comments? Concerns?
Until RG brings out his new toy on the last race of the season!!!!!!!:D :D

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Thanks guys, But Rob Mac is undoubtably the best Off Road racer in America hands down. He has the complete package. I do think there are several guys that will push him for wins throughout the season though and there is more to it than being the fastest racer. Luck and reliability play a role in off road racing as well. Rob has the best equipment, is well funded, knows how to set up a race car, and has loads of talent. Its easy to have one or two of those but to have it all is tough.
As far as my program goes, we are building a Pro 2 but thats the easy part. Considering this is only my 3rd season in Off Road racing, I am very happy with where my program is at and where it is going, but unless we have the rest of the equation listed above, primarily the funding, it would be a tough task. But without a doubt I very much look forward to racing with the best in Pro 2 someday (hopefully 09).
Rob

inmymind

How can you all just throw in the towel for all the other great talent out there? I would have to agree that the Minzie's have one impressive team!!! But there is still 14 rounds of racing to be had. I can't hand Mac the trophy yet, I want to see him earn it first.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
How can you all just throw in the towel for all the other great talent out there? I would have to agree that the Minzie's have one impressive team!!! But there is still 14 rounds of racing to be had. I can't hand Mac the trophy yet, I want to see him earn it first.

Who's "ALL", without a doubt there are a handfull of guys that will give Rob a run for his money. It ain't over till it's over, its a long season and there are a lot of variables. But Rob is the guy to beat at this point in P2 and PB, Chad is the guy to beat in PL, Carl in p4, and Freeman in single buggy.
Rob

desertbull

Who's "ALL", without a doubt there are a handfull of guys that will give Rob a run for his money. It ain't over till it's over, its a long season and there are a lot of variables. But Rob is the guy to beat at this point in P2 and PB, Chad is the guy to beat in PL, Carl in p4, and Freeman in single buggy.
Rob
What about Figaroni?

KB

By far the most verstile driver out there.:cool:

pjc

Chairman
After looking at the Pro 2 results AND Super Buggy results from Pomona, and looking at the support that Menzies is giving Rob for this year, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe Rob will be unstoppable all year in Pro 2 and obviously Super Buggy. And yeah, I know who is racing Pro-2 this year, and yeah I know its racing and anything can happen. But....its Rob MacCachren.

Comments? Concerns?
Rob is the most talented driver in CORR and is simply repeating a showing of talents from years past.

And yes he and his whole family are good people. Typical, old Vegas folks.

In LAS we are lucky to have solid racer parts shops like Mac's and Butch's with TJ making things happen.

Speaking of "The Dean's". when we gonna see a photo gallery of Pat's new C1? That thing is bad ass!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Rob is the most talented driver in CORR and is simply repeating a showing of talents from years past.

And yes he and his whole family are good people. Typical, old Vegas folks.

In LAS we are lucky to have solid racer parts shops like Mac's and Butch's with TJ making things happen.

Speaking of "The Dean's". when we gonna see a photo gallery of Pat's new C1? That thing is bad ass!
I agree on all points :D And yes Pat's new car is a beauty!