Robby back at Crandon

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
I found this on jayski and thought it was nice to see they posted about him coming to Crandon. If you didn't see his new paint scheme you need to look, it is really sharp. Another thing I am happy to see is that Polaris is sponsoring his trip to Crandon, instead of Monster. Its nice to see a new sponsor coming into our racing world, this may help bring in other new sponsors. I see it as a new sponsor who thinks our racing is worth spending their money on Robby racing at Crandon.

I am so excited he will be in Crandon Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:) Throughout the years there have been a lot of GREAT racing at Crandon by many great drivers. However, for some reason when we sitting around and talking about racing and the good old days, Robby is always part of the conversation.

Polaris to Sponsor Robby Gordon Race Weekend: #7-Robby Gordon will race The Off Road Championship (TORC), at Crandon International Off-Road Raceway, in Crandon, Wis., on Sunday, September 6, and then jump on a plane and head to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Labor Day Pep Boys 500, later that night. As part of the multi-year product development and marketing agreement Polaris and Gordon inked earlier this year, Polaris will be the primary sponsor of Gordon's #007 TORC Chevy Silverado race truck for the TORC race and the primary sponsor on the #7 NSCS Toyota Camry, at the NASCAR Labor Day Classic 500. A whirlwind of a weekend, Gordon will practice for the TORC race on Friday and Saturday morning, then fly to Atlanta after Saturday's practice to qualify for the NASCAR Labor Day Classic, and return to Crandon on Saturday night for more prep before the race on Sunday. After the TORC race, he'll jump back on a plane to compete in the NASCAR race on Sunday evening. This past winter, Gordon and Polaris entered into a three-year agreement that included Gordon providing insight on future products and promoting Polaris' RANGER RZR Side-by-Sides. The agreement was unique in that Gordon would not only market Polaris product but also use his off-road expertise to help create new Polaris vehicles. It won't be much longer when off-road enthusiasts will see the first of the units co-developed by Robby Gordon and Polaris. The TORC off-road race can be seen live on ABC, Sunday, September 6, from 4:00-5:00pm/et. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Labor Day Pep Boys 500 will air on ESPN, starting at 7:00pm/et, Sunday night.(RGM), see image of the scheme on my #7 Team Schemes page.(8-15-2009) Comment here

racefan2041

Reaction
Wonder if the announcers doing NASCAR would mention Robby racing the TORC series in Crandon Wisconsin? That would be awesome to hear on national t.v. Maybe Jimmie Johnson, Brendan Gaughn, and other NASCAR racers will take note of this. Robby will prove that both series can be raced in one weekend!

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
psst, Crandon will be live on national tv

07FJRog

Reaction
Wonder if the announcers doing NASCAR would mention Robby racing the TORC series in Crandon Wisconsin? That would be awesome to hear on national t.v. Maybe Jimmie Johnson, Brendan Gaughn, and other NASCAR racers will take note of this. Robby will prove that both series can be raced in one weekend!
They did mention it last week. Said Robby was gonna pull double duty but not in
the normal way and said he would be racing at Crandon. :)

ragracin

Reaction
Here is the part I like. Robby Gordon is coming to race Crandon because Robby wants to. This is not some gimmic like wee-man or something to attract people. Robby is an OFF ROAD RACER that races nascar and not the other way around. Polaris is his sponsor for the weekend not monster. Robby is taking on a big task by trying to race both races and it is because he wants to come to Crandon and race against the best off road racers, not because he can make a fast buck. I would rather see one diehard like Robby Gordon than a bunch of other guys from nascar that are only there to make some big star appearance. My money is on Robby, if he dont crash, not because he races nascar but because he is one of the biggest bad **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** to race off road. I hope that a lot of you guys out west, not just racers but fans, can make it for the big weekend.

racefan2041

Reaction
They did mention it last week. Said Robby was gonna pull double duty but not in
the normal way and said he would be racing at Crandon.
Thats cool! I was at the NASCAR race so I didn't realize they mentioned it on t.v.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction

Last edited by a moderator: