• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby G

Mike_McCluskey

Its official according to the NASCAR website, "Robby Gordon to fill in for Mike Skinner for the remaining 9 or 10 races". Mike Skinner is having surgery on his knee.

Clifford

As much as I'm pleased to see RG drive for RCR, I'm going to miss him at the 1000. Hopefully, he can capitalize on this opportunity and drive with the success he has experienced in off-road.

Jimmy8

That means he will probably drive the Las Vegas 200 in his TT. He drove Nick Baldwins 1 car in the race last year and won, so maybe he will be there again this year in the TT.

As of today's qualifying, Robby is starting 3rd for Sunday's Protection One 400 @ Kansas City's race track. Hope the car doesn't burn up like last time!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

Clifford

RG is currently sitting on the pole for the Busch race Saturday afternoon. 30 drivers have qualified so far with 16 remaining. Qualifying for Sunday's cup race isn't until 1300.

Dude, I'm a nut. I totally read it wrong on www.thatsracin.com</A>. The order posted was the qualifying order for today. Not the results of qualifying. Thanks for the adjustment Doc!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

Clifford

Oops, I've spoken too soon, also. Kevin Lepage, of all people, has succeeded RG as the pole sitter in Busch qualifying. Let's hope that he can start in Sunday's Cup race as high as he is to qualify later this afternoon. I pray that the voodoo gods spare him any further misery in roundy-round. Although, I did enjoy his paint scheme when he ran Team Gordon in various cup events in '00.

The schemes were pretty good. Do you remember the Fireworks 250 in '96 or '97 when Gordon had his rig in stars and stripes. That was sweet! Carrera Photo put out a calendar many years back and had a nice pic of RG jumping in the wee hours of the morning @ Barstow. It was also trick because there was a helo right above him.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

BradM

Robby made it in both. Third in the Busch race and 34th in the cup race. At least he made the field, now he needs to finish. The remainder of the season will either make or break RG's career in WC the way I see it. At least he has top quality equipment. Hope for the best.

Build 'em light, wind 'em tight