Robby Gordon / Flash Gordon

Answer me this:

How can Robby Gordon, in the Gordini, ALWAYS be the FASTEST vehicle in every video I have seen and then not on time?

Is it that Orange always looks fast and that it says SPEED on the side?

Seriously - he puts on the best show in the fast sections, he must be giving up the time in the technical sections.

Just listen to the crowd...

This ain't no PUG:

Yumaoffroad

Because ASO

Offspring

Fish said it best when he said something to the effect that he drives this hard and is still losing time.

Speed racer

'Consistency' is the word I think you're looking for...driving super fast for only a few segments of a marathon rally won't guarantee a win especially if you tear up the car and/or loose time in the technical sections, run out of fuel, and pick up unnecessary penalties...

'Consistency' is the word I think you're looking for...driving super fast for only a few segments of a marathon rally won't guarantee a win especially if you tear up the car and/or loose time in the technical sections, run out of fuel, and pick up unnecessary penalties...
So, what you are suggesting is that all the videos posted are only of him driving "super fast".

JCSDakar

Well there are videos of him driving comparatively slow. In this example the Gordini sounds faster but the MINI is still much faster.

Speed racer

So, what you are suggesting is that all the videos posted are only of him driving "super fast".
What I'm saying is that we can't judge his performance on a stage of several hundred kilometers based only on a few seconds of video footage....and yes, most of the video footage we see (of RG) tend to be of the high and low moments.

In all forms of motor-racing the fastest way around the course is not to always be fast, as funny as it may sound you can be too fast.

Last edited:

Petepecas

Trying to make up time due to human and mechanical fails?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Petepecas

Press the go pedal like its an egg.... Slowly but firmly to the bottom....

Speed racer

Bouncing your car off the berm when going around corners looks spectacular but actually slows you down, and I read somewhere that this alone can add up to 45 minutes to your overall time in a 500 km race.

_

"--BINGO--" Short Bus...!!!
I have been in professional motorsports for almost 40-yrs (wow I'm old.) And there is no more profound statement a driver must learn if he ever intends to become a good driver than this statement by Alain Prost.

Hayward Racing

We all have high expectations for Robby and we all know he is fast! He has shown speed at every Dakar and whether you love or hate him you expect him to do well or at least better than previous years. This year in particular he brought a handgun to a machine gun fight. I posted a video of RG on the prologue going over that berm and said that's why he was so far back so early. Even the video Fish is talking about you can see the Gordini handles nothing like the Mini's or Pugs. The Yotas look fast on video and sound even better.

Bricoop

We all have high expectations for Robby and we all know he is fast! He has shown speed at every Dakar and whether you love or hate him you expect him to do well or at least better than previous years. This year in particular he brought a handgun to a machine gun fight. I posted a video of RG on the prologue going over that berm and said that's why he was so far back so early. Even the video Fish is talking about you can see the Gordini handles nothing like the Mini's or Pugs. The Yotas look fast on video and sound even better.
I guess the Minis and Toyotas only brought rifles to this fight.

M_Solms

People giving Robby Gordon driving tips,Lol

Tristar Racing

After watching the past few years, I am left wondering how much development was done and bills paid by GM on the Hummers. I realize Robby has gotten older, but wow...

He should have never sold those things, if they couldn't win the overall Dakar at least they challenged for stage wins. The new trucks (I refuse to call them by their stupid given name) seem to perform like a half baked science project.