Robby Gordon In Car Camera in section where accused of Speeding

ToyoTires

Reaction
This is the section where Robby Gordon allegedly sped while traveling in the highway. This goes to show you how accurate those "black boxes" are. Do the Math SCORE, your time does not match. There's no way that the #77 Trophy Truck with a Pit speed control could speed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HG8Wwk9PQ"]YouTube - Robby Gordon Baja 500 2009 Section where accused of speeding[/ame]

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Interesting, yesterday the penalty was speeding, now its no data.

Yesterday
7th 1st ROBBY GORDON 77 10:15:49 ILLEGAL PIT (90) + HWY SPEED (10) = TOTAL (100)

Today
7th 1st ROBBY GORDON 77 10:15:49 ILLEGAL PIT (90) + NO DATA HWY (10) = TOTAL (100)

fathead

Reaction
If that is the section that he was hit for speeding........ Well, does not look like he was speeding to me.
By the way, I am all for busting guys that break the rules, weather I agree with the rule or not, a rule is a rule.
BUT, I would hate for a guy to get nailed for something that he did not do.

LIL ROG

Reaction
now they will take the speeding off but ding you for not pitting 50ft off the course ha

O-sider

Reaction
Now if there was a way to justify the pit on the highway............ Looking at it again that could have been the guy with the monster wagon giving his kid some water? lol!:rolleyes:

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Truely sucks. I don't like the illegal pit rule. If that was the illegal pit, WTF? There are too many places where it would be impossible to pit. Change the rule to allow pitting anywhere on the pit. Just an opinion of a camera guy.

swiftracing5

Reaction
If you calculate the average speed or time it does not account for low speeds balancing out higher speeds at certain points.

Dave_G

Reaction
It appears in the video you are calculating the average speed based on time / distance for the entire pavement section minus the pit stop. That doesn't exclude the possibility for example that the car at some point on the pavement went 70 mph and at another point it was only going 50 mph. The black box might have recorded two track log points that calculated a speed in excess of 60 mph on a particular section of the pavement.

I'm not familiar on the speed rule for the pavement but does the speed rule on the pavement only apply to the average speed over the entire distance or at any given point?

RnHdez 8

Reaction
wow finally a in car of Robby u should put the in car of san felipe too haha just kidding:D:D

outlaws1000

Reaction
To the real question. Are they going to adjust the Fantasy Offroad winners?

NIKAL

Reaction
It appears in the video you are calculating the average speed based on time / distance for the entire pavement section minus the pit stop. That doesn't exclude the possibility for example that the car at some point on the pavement went 70 mph and at another point it was only going 50 mph. The black box might have recorded two track log points that calculated a speed in excess of 60 mph on a particular section of the pavement.

I'm not familiar on the speed rule for the pavement but does the speed rule on the pavement only apply to the average speed over the entire distance or at any given point?

I think what Rames is saying is how could Robby's truck have sped when it has a program on the motor where you can hit a button and it puts the truck into a "pit" or limp mode like you would see the IRL cars do as they enter the pit road. So if Robby's truck was set not to go over a certain speed per the chip, then how could he have been speeding. Then the times on the clock verify the speed vs mileage.

PRErunIT

Reaction
Sounds to me that all the TT drivers shouldn’t have bitched about Robby cheating if they would have just kept it as what ever then they wouldn’t have all these new rules..

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
This is the section where Robby Gordon allegedly sped while traveling in the highway. This goes to show you how accurate those "black boxes" are. Do the Math SCORE, your time does not match. There's no way that the #77 Trophy Truck with a Pit speed control could speed.

YouTube - Robby Gordon Baja 500 2009 Section where accused of speeding
if theres incar here......show me the incar from sf............there will be no answer to this post...........gauranteed!