• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby Gordon TT AWD conversion

smartest thing is retro fit his 2 wd, try crazi mad scientist ideas, beat it up, use feed back to incorporate into new purpose built4wd, then go beat alll those youngster wippersnappers
I disagree. He should (if not already) build an all new truck. If the 4wd doesn't work out then he has the 2wd truck to fall back on. Plus another weapon in his arsenal.

Then there's the thought of him converting his prerunner into 4wd first and working out any issues on that first.

Ben77

I disagree. He should (if not already) build an all new truck. If the 4wd doesn't work out then he has the 2wd truck to fall back on. Plus another weapon in his arsenal.

Then there's the thought of him converting his prerunner into 4wd first and working out any issues on that first.
Hes been using his prerunner though. The C/K Chevy has been sleeping somewhere. Unless hes messing w the Gordini

I wonder if same engine setup? On IG he commented how he had an LT prototype bored to 418 or 408. Hearing his engine makes me feel tingly

jon coleman

yup, ive got three putters& two drivers in my arsenal, either way i hope what ever he builds is a game changer , like the valvoline tt was

Robin Hood

Robby is not going to build a winning 4-wheel drive truck...at least not anytime in the near future. He would have to change his whole mindset and direction. Waaaaaaay to much competition now days!

BigBlue&Goldie

Shy of back halfing his existing truck and moving forward, I don't see how you can build a competitive 4wd within the existing chassis work. Robby has a way of surprising us all, but I'd like to see him start with a clean slate.

Bricoop

Hes been using his prerunner though. The C/K Chevy has been sleeping somewhere. Unless hes messing w the Gordini

I wonder if same engine setup? On IG he commented how he had an LT prototype bored to 418 or 408. Hearing his engine makes me feel tingly
That was my thought...Normally the Gordini goes pre-running, but was absent this year (in favor of 2 4 seaters). But then why was the TT been parked for the 500?

BajaFand

His Chevy prerunner was down at the 500 2 weeks before prerunning and I believe he was using it for San Felipe as well.

Bricoop

Robby is not going to build a winning 4-wheel drive truck...at least not anytime in the near future. He would have to change his whole mindset and direction. Waaaaaaay to much competition now days!
Lol, this reminded me of this controversy...Where are these trucks now?

There is a reason why these trucks look good and are engineered well :) James has been my electrical technician for many years and has been all over my truck with a Cameras and tape measures for the wiring harnesses ect, also has attended many Dakar Rally's on our team and Johnny Miller was the crew Cheif on my TT, Bharrat and Johnny Miller have worked on the TT77 for years I'm confident that they have confidentiality agreements with my company and this is a conflict if interest to say the least, time will tell.

Pretty sure pick up points and many carbon panels will fit from the 77 TT to these two trucks.

atvrcr88

I hope he beats cry baby bm7 so he can cry even more about the things robby and rob mac do because he is a sore loser.

partybarge_pilot

Shy of back halfing his existing truck and moving forward, I don't see how you can build a competitive 4wd within the existing chassis work.
These are my thoughts as well. While the truck would be fairly easy to convert, I don't think it would work as well as a front engine TT. It has a huge rear weight bias which would limit the effectiveness of having the front wheels spinning.

trailready

These are my thoughts as well. While the truck would be fairly easy to convert, I don't think it would work as well as a front engine TT. It has a huge rear weight bias which would limit the effectiveness of having the front wheels spinning.
It will be interesting to see if Andy's new truck proves you wrong. There's another guy that had ID Designs build an AWD front end to graft onto an old Porter Mid-engine.

BigBlue&Goldie

It will be interesting to see if Andy's new truck proves you wrong. There's another guy that had ID Designs build an AWD front end to graft onto an old Porter Mid-engine.
The engineering behind the Mason truck is far beyond retrofitting a front differential; everything is designed around the AWD, vs trying to engineer the AWD to the chassis.

michael_loomis

Stop wasting time with moving engines for transfer cases and just make the front drive electric already. Like a 918 without the electric rear assist.

Yumaoffroad

The engineering behind the Mason truck is far beyond retrofitting a front differential; everything is designed around the AWD, vs trying to engineer the AWD to the chassis.
This right here....

trailready

Obviously, but, my comment was more about the prior comment about AWD not being as effective on a mid engine platform. We about to find out.

partybarge_pilot

Obviously, but, my comment was more about the prior comment about AWD not being as effective on a mid engine platform. We about to find out.
RMR car is mid engine, but I bet is scales out at close to 50/50. The problem with RG's is there is way to much packaged at the rear. This is great for traction in a 2X, but poor for turning. It fit's his driving style though, on the throttle and sideways.

Zac Reish

What makes his truck substandard right now. Without 4wd to say a 2 wheel drive Geiser, mason, tsco, racer? He has not been competitive in it. Is it reliability, suspension geometry/travel? I can’t imagine it being power or traction. He almost always does well outside of his truck.