Robby Gordon wheel back spacing

Sites

Reaction
I remember reading a thread a while back where someone was interested in the 17x8 RG Race wheels, but did not like the 2.75" back spacing that is listed on the website (www.robbygordon.com). Well, I just picked up a set and the back spacing is approximately 4.75", NOT 2.75" as listed on Robby Gordon's website. They are actually the exact same dimensions as the now discountinued 17x8 Ultra Type 62 wheels, which are used on most TT and 8 trucks that run 17" wheels.

Just thought those interested in them might like to know.

94' Lightning Prerunner (in-progress)

blind655

Reaction
any info on the back spacing of the 15x8s?

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Sites

Reaction
I believe that the 15" RG wheels are only made for VWs.

blind655

Reaction
damn..

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

desertracer

Reaction
What sizes do the vw 15'' rims come in, think it is 15x4 and 15x7 but not sure,? Looking into getting a few for our car. Anybody know of any problems with cracking or anything like that. I know a lot of the 1 cars are going to these along with many tt's just wondering if everything has been fine with these rims so far.

MDR #112

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
YOUR RIGHT WITH THE SIZES 7" & 4" OR MAYBE THEY WERE 3.5" LIKE THE ULTRA'S. I GOT 5 OF THE 7" FOR A PRERUNNER/SANDCAR BUT CANT DECIDE ON FRONT TIRE SIZE 33-10.50'S ON THE FRONT W/ 7" IS TOO WIDE OF A WHEEL,THE NARROW ONE'S WEREN'T AVAILABLE AT THE TIME, MAYBE 33-12.5 ON THE FRONT.

DEFENIETLY GONNA RUN 35'S ON THE REAR, SEEN THEM MOUNTED PROTECT THE WHEEL NICELY. ANYBODY GOT 5 NEW 35" BAJA'S (DON'T REALLY NEED PROJECTS)THEY WANNA SELL?

JUST SAW SOME 35's IN THE CLASSIFIEDS BUT NEW WOULD BE NICE<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by CRAIGHALL on 12/29/02 09:19 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

motoxscott

Reaction
Andy.........where did you get them through, did you go threw RG direct ? How much did they run you and did you get the beadlock versions, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks,

-Scott

Sites

Reaction
I picked them up at Baja Concepts in Fallbrook -- www.bajaconcepts.com

$300 per wheel. Yes, they are the bead-locked race version. The price is actually pretty damn good if you consider that it costs around $170 just to have a wheel bead-locked from Champion.

Sites

Reaction
I'll post some pics as soon as we finish building the truck, which should be hopefully by the end of January.

Sites

Reaction
Cast.