• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby Gordon Wins !!!!!!!!

How much do you like NASCAR ?

• Watch every race and try to get to as many races as possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If its on TV and I have nothing better to do... why not?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scott

Congrats to Robby for winning his 1st Nascar race in New Hampshire. Now I know why he didn't go to Glamis. P.S... Jeff Gordon didn't show the attitude of a champion today by nerfing Robby. Pretty Punk if you ask me....

Stan

What happened anyway? ONe of my buds from another board is bent because apparently the OR (Off Road) Gordon did something to deserve the nerfing from the F.A.G. Gordon. Crap!!!! My mac and cheese just endoed off the desk. Fricking Jeff Gordon, now he owes me!!!!!

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

Jimmy8

Piss on Rosey Cheeks, and right on Robby!

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
From NASCAR.com

LOUDON, N.H. -- Jeff Gordon dominated, but Robby Gordon used a chrome horn to win Friday's NASCAR Winston Cup finale New Hampshire 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway for his career first Cup victory.

Robby Gordon brought out the race's final caution when he ran into Turn 1 of the 1.058-mile oval and pushed his nose into Jeff Gordon's rear bumper.

He knocked Gordon into Mike Wallace, pinning the Wallace's Ford against the wall.

An incensed Jeff Gordon ran into Robby Gordon on the backstretch under caution, bringing a one-lap penalty from NASCAR.

Robby Gordon held the lead after the final restart at lap 290 and ended up 2.008 seconds ahead of Sterling Marlin's No. 40 Dodge. He became the 19th different winner this season, extending the "modern era" record for winners in a season.

"You know, I won Indy car races on ovals -- I knew I could do it," said Robby Gordon, whose previous best Winston Cup oval finish was a seventh at Phoenix. "The key is to not stop believing in yourself -- that you can get to Victory Lane."

Dave_G

Robby Gordon should have been black flagged for the stunt he pulled. Even Robbies explination of what happened DOES NOT match what the video replay shows. In the post race interview Robby said, "Jeff Gordon slowed down because the number 12 car was getting sideways and I hit him". If you watch the video, Robbie slams into the back of Jeff Gordon FIRST. Jeff Gordon then contacts the number 12 car as a result of the hit he received from Robby. THEN #12 gets sideways.

Nice try Robby....the video tells the story. If I was Robby I would be a little embarassed right now and thankful Jeff Gordon didn't retaliate any harder than he did. This was not a clean win.

Dave

pjc

Chairman
The Panzy-Ass Pavment Pounders loose their cool when they get nerfed.

I'd sure like to see ol' Jeffy out on the Laughlin course some year.

PJCinLV

Jimmy8

Dont let the sweet face fool you, Jeff is as dirty as they come. Robby did what he had to do, and Jeff couldnt handle it. Jeff should keep his mouth shut and just try and get even next year, I mean its not like it matters because he won the championship anyway. When Robby got screwed out of a victory earlier this season by Tony Stewart, he didnt complain much.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

JasonHutter

Doesn't the saying go "rubbin' is racin' "

Jason

mgobaja

And if rubbin is racin then Robby is racing for the perfect person. The same one who sponsored Dale Earnhardt, he was another rubbin is racin kinda guy.

poolman

OK Mr rainbow warrior!Don't be crying on RDC about Jeff Gordon.If it wasn't for his hot unit he wouldn't have a good ride.Robby was just telling him that he was behind him.I heard Robby's brakes were giving him trouble,You know if your brakes are going out you may run into some body along the way.I also heard from a good source that DEI has had alot of PAD problems.Brakes can really cause someone else to spin out.I feel bad for Jeff......yeah right

poolman

Jimmy8

I guess from the concensus, that most of us dont like Rosey Cheeks. Tell you what, next year will even be better with Jimmie Johnson and Robby racing. The only problem is Jeff Gordon owns Jimmie's car. Look out for Brendan in a few years too.

Ryno

Robby Gordon is new to NASCAR. They are going to treat him like a rookie, and put him through his paces, regardless how great he is offroad. Ol' Rosey is gonna talk all kinds of smack, I think because Earnhardt isn't there. If Dale was there....there would be a different scene. Rubbin is racin, but you gotta learn to do it discreetly, so the cameras can't hang you after you speak you're peace. I think Robby's gonna do great, he's got the talent, drive, and support to make him great. All he has to do is drive.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

i thought it was an awsome race and whatever happened was just racing. BUT, what was that about, when on the next to last yellow, for no reason, robbie tapped jeff? they even had the radio on when it happened and jeff gordon was all like "who is hitting me?" then they all pitted and thats when robbie came out in front of jeff.
Anyways, it was a bad ass race, did you people check out the way robbie would jerk the car in and out of different lines. Almost seemed like he was driving his trophy truck. lol.
congrats to him, he deserved it.

victor fabian
www.stuck-throttle.com</A>

Stan

Yeah, I understand that DEI and Tony Stewart use the same brake technology and parts. Of course if it had been the other way around, Jeffy would be all over the tube whining about getting nerf. The guy is a Grade A candyass.

Dave_G

Re:I heard Robby's brakes were giving him trouble

Ok, I'll buy that....but if that was the case, Robby would have been smart to say that he was having brake trouble in the post race interview and that's what caused the contact. He did however try to justify his hit by saying that "Jeff has nothing to complain about" since he saw him take out another driver in the same manner at a previous race. That in my opinion is some what an open omission that Robby admits doing it on purpose. And if that's the case, it's sad. He has a lot more tallent than that.

RE: OK Mr rainbow warrior!

Arn't we just a little old to resort to name calling on RDC Poolman?? I don't mind a little spirited debate about Robby or Jeff or any other racer for that matter but when the only ammo you got is name calling it's time to end the post. I not interested in disrespecting others on the forum.

Dave

martininsocal

hey dave-i have been a watcher of left turns for years, and the only thing i know is gordoan has won plenty of races in turn 3 wit the bump. just ask tony stewart! even dale sr. knows that if you're gonna live by the sword, you can die by the sword...mayfield gave him a little chrome horn for one of his wins. if flamer gordon had any real nuts in his sack, he would have just gone by robbie, gave him the old #1 with his finger, and waited to race him another day. that guy has been a cry baby from the first time he wrecked everyone else on a super speedway within the first 15 laps...even poppa earnhart was telling the boy blunder to keep it in his pants longer...

If your gonna go, go BIG

Stan

HOLY BAT MANURE BATMAN!!!!!!!!! Jeffy is whining about that?????? He's done a lot worse!!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I don't really care about NASCAR but when somebody takes a stab at a genius driver like Robby Gordon on a Desert web site, people need to put the 2 cents in. A while back there was a thread that went forever on how bad ass RG is...and I have to agree. Nascar called RG into Jeff a "small bump" and called JG into RG a "ram" and "attack". Its about time somebody gives it to JG in the rear just like he likes it.

From Nascar.com

"Robby Gordon's mercurial, demanding personality has created a hard sell to taking him seriously in stock cars.

But he earned a lot of respect in a hurry when he shoved four-time Winston Cup champion Jeff Gordon out of the way 16 laps from the end to score his first career stock car victory in Friday's New Hampshire 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway.

The jilted Jeff Gordon, who will celebrate his title in one week in New York City, took himself out of any chance to win the race when he rammed his attacker from behind under the race's seventh caution -- hard enough to lift the leader's rear wheels off the ground"

The difference between the winner...

and a poor loser

I think the pictures speak for themselves. Notice RG's rear wheels off the ground!

In any motorsport a litle bit of bar banging or bumper bumping is what the crowd pays to see.Left turns are boring and a little bump here and there is going to draw spectators...hell I want to see some nascar now that a guy like Robby, got a good ride.

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

Mike_McCluskey

Robby shouldn't feel ashamed for anything! He didn't do anything different than the whiney paint boy has done throughout his career. I used to like JG but it seems the more he wins and the more money he makes the more he sounds like Rusty Wallace. Always bitchen and moaning about something or somebody when things don't go his way. The pressure of being famous is getting to him.. That was one of the lighter bump and runs I've seen to win a race. Ask Ricky Rudd about bump and runs with Robby's new teamate Kevin H. Terry Labonte got a huge love tap from DE sr at bristol some years ago. That was a bump and run. Robbys was mildly aggressive driving. I think he's going to have a pretty decent season next year.

DPpatrol

Well, if Robby's gonna start winning, I may actually, god forbid, have to start watching NASCAR. Damn.

jason