Robby Gordon's high-flying trucks are heading to Wisconsin's off-road mecca

freshwillie

RDC Crypto
red bull dropped out last year i think. i have no idea why we still are running a world cup sunday. but were running superstocks friday night and were hooking up the running lights and headlights if we get all the junk in time.

illmattic86

RDC Crypto
SST isnt running from the looks of it. I dont know what that article was basing its info off of. Maybe Robby was going to come but things fell through, who knows. RedBull signage was around last year (big arch over first jump). I believe they have a contract with Crandon, but they just arent the title sponsor for the event anymore.

Also I saw they have added some more lights around the track while looking through different hastags on IG. I'm not sure if it will make Friday better or not.

Pro Lite has a problem...there needs to be consistency in rules and engine packages for that class.

As far as I can tell, World Cup Sunday is the best thing to happen to short course in a long time. It has brought so many people back to race at Crandon over the last 5 years since it started.

handmethemic

RDC Crypto
Pro Lite has a problem...there needs to be consistency in rules and engine packages for that class.

Mandate every part of the driveline:
602 crate sealed + claimer rule
durable auto trans from one manufacturer
torque converter from one manufacturer
one rear gear ratio
no data collection

People wanna throw money at it? Go ahead, spend it all on shocks and chassis R&D and get beat by a guy who lives in the woods in Michigan and cut his teeth in stock truck anyway

edit: and let the 1.5" trucks back in

PDANK Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pdankoffroad.com
edit: and let the 1.5" trucks back in
Champ already did, from rulebook :
  • Pro-Lite is allowed to run 1 1/2 inch roll cage with pre approval from Champ Off-Road prior to entering the race track. (02/18/2020)

Rennsport Group

RDC Crypto
Let's correct the facts and rumors. We had a program with SST and my buddy Robby Gordon but they had their primary sponsor for their Crandon appearance back out at the last minute -- which is why Crandon never officially announced it or had it on its schedule. Polaris is the official UTV of Crandon and the overall weekend sponsor for the Labor Day weekend World Championships. Red Bull is an important partner at Crandon and the World Cup concept -- but had to take a lower profile in 2020 due to the current environment.

Since 2016, the World Cup has done more to help strengthen and unite the sport at a Pro level than anything else. It help us all survive the demise of TORC, the Lucas Midwest series and potential loss of Pro 4, helped overcome rules issues, provide nearly $1,000,000 in cash and prizes to pro drivers and brought back all of the best athletes into the only Super Bowl Sunday the sport has ever had. Not to mention the added exposure, television etc.

We should be proud of the last five years -- I know that Crandon is thankful to have had the chance to lead the sport back at the 50th last year and move forward toward the future.