Robby Gordons run at Richmond

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Looks like Robby had a GREAT run at Richmond tonite. He was almost 4 laps down early in the race and came back to lead 29 laps and finished 4th. Great run Robby, makin' us off road fans proud!

dunerking

Reaction
I thought I heard an interview with Robby that he will racing at the Indy 500 and doing the Coca Cola 600 in the same day.I think he has done it before,but still pretty damn amazing doing all those miles.Think his ears will ring after all that racing.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
So he flies over there right after he is done at Indy? I have heard of him doing it before, just didn't know it was that far away.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Him and John andtetti are doing it this year i think. I believe tony Stewart did it a few years back also. they race the Indy 500 and fly to North Carolina nad helicopter into the speedway usually landing on the infeild in front of all the fans. really its doesnt seem to be a big deal unless something happens at Indy. If something does happen at indy the drivers usually have first responsibilty to the Cup teams and have to get a fill in driver dfor the 500. Robby has tried the 1100 miles for the last few years i beleive.

Reaction
As of right now Robby is the only one doing the double. John Andretti and Michael Andretti are cousins and Michael still gave Robby the ride over John Andretti

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
well then you learn sometyhing new everyday. i thought i heard on one of the many nascar tv programs john was going to do it. should be fun for whom ever gets too.

michael_loomis

Reaction
i didnt make it on time once , and another driver had to start the nascar race for him.

NicksTrix

Reaction
RG had a great run sat night. really dug in deep to make up the laps he gone down. was good to see him out in the front of the pack for a while.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
He did it last year. He finished 8th at Indy and 16th at Lowes (Coca Cola 600). 1100 miles total. This is the 4th time he done this.

martininsocal

Reaction
Remember a few years ago when he had the 'minor" fire at Indy and burnt his arm and then went to the 600 and ran? That is one dedicated, commited racer! That is one of the things that makes him special.

Donahoe

Reaction
Hey Nick, Were you at the Race? Who are you working for now?

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Or when he was leading and on the last lap he ran out of fuel......finished 4th. Didn't do the double that year though.

Harpo

Reaction
It was his thigh that he injured in the cockpit fire
that Indy 500 was rained out on Sunday and raced on Monday

NicksTrix

Reaction
kreg, no i am off the road now. i've been working for robert yates now for 2 years. i moved into the engine shop, working in the fab dept. very cool. how's things with you?