Robby Gordon's TORC Polaris Chevy Test Pics

jonpfive

Reaction
So will this bring up the matching body discussion again? That's clearly a Ford body with a Chevy grill; I was under the impression that wasn't allowed in TORC...

michael_loomis

Reaction
The entire front clip looks chevy to me.. bedsides, who knows.. doors only look ford at the window sill... better visibility?

michael_loomis

Reaction
Anyone notice the Trophy Truck/Dakar beadlocks in the rear for the one shot?

comparing treads??

hoeker

Reaction
So will this bring up the matching body discussion again? That's clearly a Ford body with a Chevy grill; I was under the impression that wasn't allowed in TORC...
looks like a ford body with a chevy grille to me too. this puts TORC tech in a tough spot because that is clearly not legal.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Anyone notice the Trophy Truck/Dakar beadlocks in the rear for the one shot?

comparing treads??
What makes them "Trophy Truck/ Dakar" beadlocks? The fact that they're the same color as the ones he used on the Silverado and Hummer? Rick Huseman uses the lighter, small rings on his Pro-4wd, and Todd LeDuc uses the fat ones on his Pro-2wd... Seems to me that some guys have both styles, and it just depends on what is on the wheels they use each day.

As for trying different "Treads", I'm sure they played with that a little. Since Toyo hasn't been grooving tires at the track this year, I'm sure the team tried a few different patterns to come up with one Robby is comfortable with. It seems that the teams are going to more of a "paddle" style groove now, I bet Robby's teem follows suit once they see what the other teams are doing.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
looks like a ford body with a chevy grille to me too. this puts TORC tech in a tough spot because that is clearly not legal.
If that's the case someone better call RG and let him know before he gets there....RJ pick up the phone

07FJRog

Reaction
probably not alowed in LOORS either, but renezeder is not runnign a Nisan motor anymore is he?, body sure still is Nissan.

JoeyD23

Reaction
RG is the f'n MAN! I hope he puts a spanking on the field! truck looks sick!!!

michael_loomis

Reaction
They might not be TT/Dakar beadlocks, I just assumed he was trying something based on the color. Could be borrowed from a Monster teammate.

Either way truck is awesome and I hope he dominates in it!

Joser1726

Reaction
Glad to see Robby try this out in his own vehicle.... i bet he wont roll this one lol

07FJRog

Reaction
i agree that looks like ford headlights to me
they look kinda that way, but show me the Ford emblem/part number or chevy emblem/aprt number on any of those bodies beside the hood, good grief, let them race. are they all scared of robbie or something??? :eek:

monsterjamman24

Reaction
they look kinda that way, but show me the Ford emblem/part number or chevy emblem/aprt number on any of those bodies beside the hood, good grief, let them race. are they all scared of robbie or something??? :eek:
Just stating my opinion. I say let him race who cares what the front clip looks like. it will fall off most likely.