• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby & Max in the Arctic Cat for the 250

bobylax

Looks like R.G. will be wheeling the new Arctic Cat (#927) for next w/ends Parker 250. Looks like Max will be in a custom (#2937) driving solo, maybe in the short course or kid's races? Will be real interesting to see how well the Cat holds up with the limited R&D, against the big dogs.

Total Loss

Here is everyone's chance (UTV racers) to actually beat Robbie Gordon on a dez course.
I will be watching the show. All I can say is we better at least beat Max.

JoeyD23

Lots of discussion how RG is being allowed to race a vehicle which is NOT in production in a production class... I love having him in the class as well as Arctic Cat, but I don't think this would fly for anyone else..

RG's wildcat

Bricoop

Lots of discussion how RG is being allowed to race a vehicle which is NOT in production in a production class... I love having him in the class as well as Arctic Cat, but I don't think this would fly for anyone else..

RG's wildcat
Joey, I don't think that is the Turbo in there that he ran at the 1000. I'm not extremely familiar of the production v. non production class. If that is naturally aspirated engine that comes with the ACat and the production chassis, what other factors make it illegal?
If does end up racing in the production class, and has a strong performance, it would be extremely impressive as the '17 AC shows 90HP+ vs the 110 HP RZR 1000.

Total Loss

RG's wildcat
75K?
So much for "affordable" racing.
Looks like a very nice car though.
No way they sell 1000 units at 75k.

Chris Tobin

What tires are those? They do not look like Toyos to me... Does Toyo make a tire small enough for the UTVs to use them?

Chris Tobin

He ran tensor at the 1000.
Check out what got posted over on the planet.
Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for... and I don't have time to search for it now as I am on deadline, point me in the right direction.

Chris Tobin

Cool, thanks!!!

y2kbaja

That's Cool!!

JoeyD23

RG got bumped to Unlimited after teams brought the situation to caseys attention.

While having an 8 year old competing in a live desert race is still a concern to many in the sport, Max once again proved he is a special exception. I don't necessarily agree with a kid that young being put at risk on a dangerous race course but I'll admit, I trust him as much as some of the adults in Off Road.

I do think having him race is a very risky decision.

freddy

RG got bumped to Unlimited after teams brought the situation to caseys attention.

While having an 8 year old competing in a live desert race is still a concern to many in the sport, Max once again proved he is a special exception. I don't necessarily agree with a kid that young being put at risk on a dangerous race course but I'll admit, I trust him as much as some of the adults in Off Road.

I do think having him race is a very risky decision.
Yes, I agree about everything you say, but we have to admit it's impressive for an 8 year old to do this. Even though he might have the best teacher possible, when it comes driving off-road.

What's the story on his ride though? Is it just an Arctic Cat with a new body? Any close up pictures of it?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today