Robby racing TORC at Crandon in Sept

little bart

Reaction
Pro-2 or Pro-4?
Either way I can't wait to see him get smoked by Greaves and Douglas or Taylor and Vanden Huevel and so many others.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Pro-2 or Pro-4?
Either way I can't wait to see him get smoked by Greaves and Douglas or Taylor and Vanden Huevel and so many others.
I believe he was having a Pro-2 built. And RG could win a Pro-2 race any day of the week, same as McGrath or RobMac could beat him any day of the week - That's what makes the racing entertaining.

Combo

Reaction
Pro-2 or Pro-4?
It is an Alpha built Pro-2 #77 sponsered by Monster Energy and Toyo Tires

And the latter part..........We Will See:D:D

forktom

Reaction
when was the last time he raced short coarse? i think it was texas 07 but i could be wrong.

handmethemic

Reaction
The last time he raced at Crandon he was in a trophy truck, up to such stunts as entering the Unlimited Buggy Challenge... "what, it's unlimited..."

michael_loomis

Reaction
The last time he raced at Crandon he was in a trophy truck, up to such stunts as entering the Unlimited Buggy Challenge... "what, it's unlimited..."
So does this mean you are NOT a fan?

Can't WAIT to see RG in a truck of his own in short course. Win or Wad. LOL

little bart

Reaction
It is an Alpha built Pro-2 #77 sponsered by Monster Energy and Toyo Tires

And the latter part..........We Will See:D:D

Should be good racing and some good exposure. On a side note, doesn't the #77 belong to the flying dutchman?

gmmvp42

Reaction
The Texas race was the one he led for the majority and even had Whelchel say over his radio "Robby's the man right now", cuz Robby hadn't practiced/qualified, his first laps were the pace lap, right? It wasn't his truck either was it? Yeah he rolled it for good measure but it was impressive that he could just come out and lead in someone elses truck against the regular "top dogs" with no laps completed. Should make for an entertaining weekend, with points race and all. Maybe Gaughn, Busch, Biffle, Johnson can make it out too!!

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction

Last edited by a moderator:

Combo

Reaction
Robby tests at Crandon

Crandon - 20 years ago current NASCAR driver Robby Gordon raced at Crandon International Raceway.

It was the one and only time he graced the historic track, that is until this week.

Gordon announced last week he was planning to race a pro-2 during BorgWarner weekend and showed up this week to test his Chevy. The Crew spent Tuesday and Wednesday cruising around the one and a half mile track to get a feel of the truck, and Crandon Raceway. The NASCAR driver says he doesn't plan to come to the Northwoods to finish second.

"Well obviously you come to these races and you want to win." says NASCAR driver Robby Gordon. "You know we've had a really good off-road race season so far this year. We finished third at the Dakar rally. We won Laughlin. We finished second at San Felipe, these are desert races. We won the Baja 500 and so our worst finish is third so obviously we're coming here to win the race and do the best job we can. We look forward to coming out here and racing around these local fans and local racers as well."

It will be an interesting weekend for Robby Gordon. He has to qualify his #7 NASCAR on Saturday of Labor Day weekend at Atlanta motor Speedway. Then he plans to race the Pro-2 events on Sunday September 6th during the 40th anniversary BorgWarner weekend in Crandon, but will have to leave early Sunday afternoon to make the NASCAR race outside Atlanta, Georgia later that night.

Combo

Reaction
So does the truck break or does Robby win?:D